Chapter 24: What a freak

"Jimin, do you know that guy?"

Jimin was still standing there with his arms at his sides, staring at the corner Jungkook had disappeared into. He had gone completely frozen.

"Jimin," Hoseok said, gently tapping him on the shoulder. "We need answers."

Jimin shook his head, finally coming out of his trance. He turned back towards Taehyung and Hoseok, who were impatiently waiting for him to say something.

"N-no," he said, letting out a shaky breath. "I've never seen that guy in my entire life. I don't even know how he knows my name."

Taehyung and Hoseok both looked at each other, as if trying to make sure they were hearing this correctly.

"What a freak," Taehyung scoffed, glaring at nothing in particular. "I mean did you see all those ear piercings? It's like he's just trying to see how many he can fit in his ears before you can't see them anymore."

Hoseok giggled at this, lightly hitting Taehyung on the arm. Jimin, on the other hand, was still at a loss for words.

Had he really said what he thought he said? For some reason, the last fifteen minutes didn't feel like reality. There was no way that some random guy would go up to him and claim that he wanted Jimin for himself. That just didn't happen. If it had been some average-looking guy, Jimin might have believed it; he didn't consider himself to be very attractive anyways. But despite what Taehyung said about the piercings, this guy was hot, as in really hot. Jimin hadn't even known that people like that could exist. He was way too out of his league for him to have actually been serious.

"Can we just pretend like that never happened?" Jimin said, suddenly starting to feel embarrassed. He leaned back against the lockers, putting his hands over his face. He couldn't even look at his friends.

"Aww, Jiminie," Hoseok said, putting an arm around him. Jimin hid his face in Hoseok's shoulder, Taehyung patting him on the back. "As far as I'm concerned, we saw nothing. Right, Taetae?"

"Mhm," Taehyung replied, nodding his head in agreement. "Now why don't we head over to English class? It starts in one minute."

"Damn, you're right," Hoseok said, letting go of Jimin. Everyone else had already abandoned the hallways, leaving the three of them standing completely alone. They were about to be late for their very first class of the day, which could potentially be marked down as skipping school if their teacher hated the students enough. They quickly grabbed their things, walking as fast as they could in the direction of their classroom. Even if they were late, they would be late together, and that fact alone was enough to make high school a lot less scary.

~<>~<>~<>~ 

Yoongi had already taken his seat next to Namjoon when the three of them came busting through the classroom door, their heavy breathing making it obvious that they'd ran all the way there. Everyone watched them as they searched for empty seats, making tons of noise as they sat down.

Yoongi slumped down in his chair as soon as he realized Hoseok was in this class too. He was afraid of something like this happening, but he'd been hoping that luck would be on his side and give him a Hoseok-free senior year. 

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Hoseok was sitting behind him, so Yoongi didn't have to look at him, but just knowing he was this close gave him a feeling of unease.

"You okay?" Namjoon whispered, poking him with his pen. Yoongi nodded his head, still sinking further into his chair. Namjoon just watched him for a moment, as if about to say something else, but then turned back around to face the front of the room.