-☆𝗔 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱'𝘀 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁☆-

"Togami-san, me and Oma-kun are going to look for a little girl who got lost. Do you see her on the cameras ?" Shuichi asked through headset as him and Oma were quickly walking at fast pace through the store.

"Lost you say ? Hold on.."

Byakuya was silent for a minute, indicating he was checking. Kokichi looked up at Shuichi. "What if we don't find her ? A little girl lost in Walamrt says bad news , y'know." He said.

Shuichi bit his lip. He knew that. But he also knew what it was like to only be useful in the situation when it was too late. For once he wanted his talent to become helpful before things got dire.

"Akamatsu-san said the woman told her that she and her daughter walking down along the aisles, and when the woman looked away, that's when Sumi vanished." Was what Shuichi replied with. He was trying to put a mental map of the place in his head.

"And she said that they were going towards the checkout to leave." Oma added , his arms still folded back behind his head.

"Right." Shuichi nodded , closing his eyes as he tried to think. .... think. He needed to think ! Where would she have gone if nobody else was involved ...

 He needed to think ! Where would she have gone if nobody else was involved

"Sumi-chan and her mother were going towards the checkout. That's that way." Kokichi said, pointing ahead of them. "Hey, Saihara-chan. Have you figured it out yet ?" He asked curiously, glancing up st the taller male who's eyes opened when Kokichi spoke to him.

"No.. not yet .." he muttered, then looked just as curiously back down at Oma. "Do.. you have an idea what happened?" He asked in return. But Kokichi only smiled and shrugged. "Who knows. I am a liar after all. Maybe I'm just testing you. Don't think too hard about what I say." Kokichi replied , and Shuichi sighed quietly. He'd do just that then and ignore Kokichi then.

As the duo walked south, suddenly Oma jumped behind Shuichi and grabbed shoulders. Shuichi was definitely susprised and with a red blush, tried to looked behind him at Kokichi to figure what the hell he was doing. "O-Oma-kun!? What are you doing !?" He choked out. Though Kokichi seemed frozen until he swallowed a lump down his throat and smiled nervously up at Shuichi. "Whoopies... I thought that was real .." he whispered with a crack in his voice.

"Thought what was-" Shuichi looked back ahead of them, but on their right was a shelf of leftover halloween decorations. On closest near them was a spider that seemed to drop down whenever someone passed by. Shuichi must've been in too deep of thought to even have noticed. And the spider was on a lower shelf more to Kokichi's height, which would add to Shuichi, whom was taller, to not have even seen it.

"That... you were scared of that spider.." Shuichi murmered to himself. Kokichi quickly chided in: "N-no way ! I was trying to scare you too-" But Shuichi had already grabbed Kokichi's hand and began to go the opposite direction.

Something had clicked in Shuichi's mind.

And he knew where the missing little girl was , all thanks to his co-worker who had the mind of a child

★·.·'¯'·.·★ . ★·.·'¯'·.·★