-☆𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗜𝘁 𝗚𝗮𝘆☆-

★·.·´¯'·.·★ . ★·.·´¯'·.·★

"U-um.." Shuichi was unable to answer that. It would sound embarrassing if he said yes, but heartless if he said no. So he wasn't sure what to say. Luckily he didn't have to do anything, because Kaito began talking to Kokichi, mentioning how he was late but surprised he showed up.

After ordering and recieving drinks, everyone began chatting while they waited for the food. They talked about mostly work, but also things outside their jobs like family, relationships, and what they were up to. Shuichi couldn't help hit notice how closer he felt with everyone. Even if they all knew each other longer.

"Hey, can I get a refill?" Kokichi asked the waitresse who was walking past. She nodded and filled Kokichi's empty glass to the brim with grape soda. Shuichi also asked for a refill. However when he was being handed his drink back after it was tipped off, Shuichi managed to accidentally spill a bit on Kokichi's lap. In the heat of the moment, Shuichi immediately grabbed some napkins and began trying to dry up the mess while also frantically apologizing. Now Shuichi wasn't too surprised he never goes on dates. He's a total klutz at the worst times.

But Shuichi froze when he noticed Kokichi had paused as well. The detective glanced down and realized he was basically pressing napkins into Kokichi's crotch.

"W-what should I do..?! If I pull away suddenly , it will be even more awkward.." Shuichi thought, his mind panicked. "I was only trying to clean it off... What should I do..?"  However, as innocently confused Kokichi looked, he was mentally smirking.

"Go on Saihara-chan. Pull away suddenly and make it gay." Kokichi challenged him in his head.

"But if I don't pull away.." Shuichi gulped. "Then I'm pretty much touching his crotch..."

What should Shuichi do? There were so many options, possibilities, and worst– consequences. Nobody at the table had really noticed the situation. But if Shuichi didn't make a decision, then that just might change.

But it'll be fine. Shuichi will just slowly pull his hands away, causally of course, and act like nothing happened –

However, Kokichi predicted this move; he held his fist to his mouth and glanced to the side with a shy glance.

"Saihara-chan.. what are you doing..?" He asked quietly in a curious tone and batted his eyes, playing the innocent role, and playing it quite well. Though, it made Shuichi feel like a pervert when it did.

"Nishishi... Take that, Saihara-chan.."

Shuichi gulped. Now if he moved, he would certainly make things gay, but he had no choice and had to let Kokichi win this round. Though this all only lasted a matter of a few seconds, it felt like a few minutes to Shuichi. He quickly pulled his hands away, putting the napkins on the table and looked to the side.

"Sorry.." he murmered, his ears turning red. Not too surprising.

Eventually the waiter came with the beef and vegetables and put it on the small grill table that was in the center of the dining table. But Shuichi could agree, even if the dinner was enjoyable, besides making a fool of himself, it was definitely a dinner he was going to remember for the rest of his life.

★·.·´¯'·.·★ . ★·.·´¯'·.·★