-☆𝗜'𝗺 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗶𝗺 . . . 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁?☆-

★·.·'¯'·.·★ . ★·.·'¯'·.·★

"......"

"Yo, bro. You okay? You've been staring at that bread for twenty seconds.." Kaito whispered when he noticed his co-worker dozing off into space- while cashing out a customer. Shuichi hadn't even noticed he was midway of scanning a women's groceries when he went into lala land.

"Huh!" Shuichi looked over his shoulder than back at the woman who was obviously impatient with him, and probably thought Shuichi was either messing around or just wasting her time.

"I-I'm so sorry !" Shuichi quickly apologized with a small curt nod and quickly went back to finishing scanning the items, however, even as he handed the woman her receipt and another apology, his mind was a jumbled mess. Which Kaito noticed and during break, asked Shuichi what was going on.

"Hold up... that little gremlin k-kissed you !?" Kaito nearly shouted , his face in shock as he stared at Shuichi , almost speechless after that.

Shuichi's face went dark pink, his fists clenched tightly in his lap as he hushed Kaito to lower his voice. Nobody else was in the break room, but still.

"S-shhh! Y-yeah.. he did... a few days ago he suggested we play the pocky game and..and.." Shuichi's face looked red and he slammed his eyes shut, unable to meet eye-contact or even glance up at Kaito. "A-and we kissed..!" He whispered under his breath in a sort of choke.

Kaito only sat there mortified as he took this all in. He leaned back into his seat and then rubbed the back of his neck. He sighed. "If that little brat made you uncomfortable, I'll go beat some sense into him-"

"N-no! That's the problem, Momota-kun!" Shuichi cried back, looking up at him finally.

"It... it didn't make me
uncomfortable at all!!"

.
.
.

For the next week, Shuichi didn't see much of Kokichi. Which he didn't mind at first, but then it began to bother him. Why wasn't Kokichi around anymore? Shuichi checked the schedule, Kokichi still was working the same hours, so perhaps Kokichi was avoiding him?

"What if... the kiss made Oma-kun uncomfortable? Not me.."
Shuichi thought anxiously, lowering his hat a bit as he stood in the middle of the aisle. He stared at the boxes he was unpacking. Somehow he didn't have the strength to work right now.

"No way ! He can't come up to me , kiss me , then ghost me like this !"
Shuichi shook his head, refusing to be the one suffering from this sudden iron curtain between them. He took a breath , and without thinking, began to quickly walk down the aisles, looking for Oma. Shuichi and him would talk this out like adults. They didn't need to ignore the other over a silly little game-

He asked Rantaro and Kaede, whom were both clocking out of their shifts, if they had seen Kokichi, which Rantaro wasn't sure, but Kaede replied she thought she saw Kokichi head outside the store because Byakuya told Kokichi to go gather the carts in the parking lot. Shuichi thanked them both before he became his destination to outside the store.

However, he couldn't stop asking himself... Why was this bothering him? His lips felt a strange tingle sensation ever since then...

"I'm not into him... right ?"

★·.·'¯'·.·★ . ★·.·'¯'·.·★