-☆𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗴𝘂𝘆 𝘂𝗻𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗵𝗼𝘁☆-

Shuichi followed along with Kaede as the kind blonde pointed out different parts of the store as they headed for the break room. Where Kaede thought would be the best place to look for the general manager- which Shuichi learned was a man by the name of Byakuya Togami.

Shuichi carefully kept mental notes on everything his new colleague told him. He made a cognitive map of where everything was as well. He always was pretty good at remembering things, so hopefully he wouldn't get lost or be useless to customers when asking for where a certain area of the store is. Which he hears is an often problem for retail workers.

"There's around sixteen of us now that work in the store. We usually are in charge of stocking and cash registers. There are other employees, but they have more specific jobs." Kaede explained as they walked. "Our general manager says sixteen in the perfect number for employees, and therefore we aren't allowed to get promoted."

"Wait. ..what!?" Shuichi was flabbergasted. Was was wrong with their boss they he purposely wouldn't promote them!?

"Also," Kaede just continued like she saw no problem in what she told Shuichi. "The boss doesn't like it when you ask for raises. So I would advise you before you do."

"Question." Shuichi raised his hand a bit. "Before you had me working here, and if sixteen is such an important number, who worked here before I did?"

"Oh, these two guys. They work at Costo now.."

"They? So there were two of them?"

Kaede laughed. "Yeah, there names were Hinata and Komaeda. The latter always wreaked havoc here, so Togami had to fire him, and after that, Hinata quit so. ."

"Who got hired besides me?" Shuichi asked, immediately figuring this out. If two were fired, then two new people had to be hired.

"Someone named Kokichi. He's ...a character to say the least. He started a couple weeks ago..." Kaede sounded off about talking to him. Like it was a topic that was awkward, and that made Shuichi awkward too. So he tried to change the topic, but couldn't think of anything. Luckily, someone seemed to have caught Kaede's attention, which then caught Shuichi's attention. A pretty boy with green hair and eyes had approached them.

"Hey Akamatsu-san. Oh, is this the new guy that was hired? It's nice to meet you, I'm Ra- well, my nametag says Avocado Head, but my name is Rantaro Amami. It's nice to you meet you." Rantaro said, shaking Shuichi's hand. Rantaro seemed to give off a friendly and calming feel around him.

Rantaro looked over at Kaede next. "Heh, Korekiyo-kun noticed your distress, so he told me to come over here and ask if you two needed help." Rantaro looked over his shoulder, and there was a tall, handsome young man-

"Why is he wearing a mask..?" Shuichi muttered to himself out of instinct. Rantaro heard and smiled.

"He just does. But it sure brings a lot of customers in to buy water. Like soccer moms who need filtered water. Oh, and because Korekiyo-kun usually is unloading boxes of water and putting them on the shelves. I guess you can say...he's the stereotypical guy who's mysteriously handsome in our store and doesn't talk to anyone, haha."

"He seems to talk to you though," Shuichi pointed out, referring to when Rantaro said he was sent over by Korekiyo

"Ah, does he? I haven't noticed. Anyway, the boss is in his office." Rantaro stated, not noticing Shuichi's extremely puzzled look.

Kaede thanked him and began to walk away, Shuichi following close behind.

★·.·'¯'·.·★ . ★·.·'¯'·.·★