-☆𝗙𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗪𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗜𝘁..☆-

★·.·´¯'·.·★ . ★·.·´¯'·.·★

Even after dinner ended, the night wasn't finished and the gang had walked around town window-shopping and chatting with each other as they worked off the big meal they had earlier. Though there were a few stores they did shop at. Kaede bought Maki some new hair ties, Rantaro had found some cute good luck charms at a small cluttered store that resembled a thrift store for suspicious items. However, each charm was made from polished wood and had thus persons birthday written in Japanese calligraphy across and its zodiac. And the charms turned out to be extremely popular after Rantaro got one for everybody.

And at some point shopping, Shuichi found himself alone with Kokichi. Almost like fate being playful— but more like fate was just throwing Shuichi into the most awkward situation ever.

Shuichi shuffled a bit where he stood beside Kokichi. Should Shuichi say something? Both of them were just standing in awkward silence—

"Hey, Saihara-chan," Kokichi suddenly speaking up made Shuichi flinch and nearly cry out with surprise. "Would you... rather hang out with them than me..?" Oma asked slowly, frowning a bit afterwards. After all, everyone else went off on their own checking out all the stores nearby, and it was only coincidence that Shuichi landed here with him.

"I-It's not like that!!" Shuichi quickly intervened. "It's just.." It's just he kept making a fool out of himself in front of his crush. What was a man supposed to do? This was his first outing with Oma, and it may be his last if it didn't turn around soon.

"Just..?"

"I.. I feel like I.. kinda haven't .." Shuichi swallowed his pride."..m-made the best impression on you tonight.." he confessed, fiddling with his jackets sleeve. He definitely didn't look as cute as Kokichi did this evening, or flaunted his table manners at dinner, and well, Shuichi was sure any chances of showing off and impressing Kokichi tonight had all gone down hill.

However, with Shuichi confessing what was wrong, Kokichi felt his cheeks begin to lightly heat up.

"I.. I swear I'm a pretty okay guy..!" Shuichi continued to ramble on, starting to panic from embarrassment of not being able to stop, "I-it's just around you, I–"

Shuichi's hand was taken by Kokichi, causing him to look quickly down at the smaller. Kokichi was staring up at him.

"You, you what , Saihara-chan...?"

Shuichi's heart began to race, they were so close, Kokichi was so close to him.

"I.."

Was this happening? Was it okay to lean in closer like the both of them were doing—

"Hey guys! You'll never believe the bargain I got on these houseplants!" Kaito exclaimed, barging through the doors of a plant store he was in, and stepping right between the two without even noticing the situation Shuichi was in with Kokichi.

Like mentioned before, Shuichi didn't have fate, and apparently not luck either, on his side tonight.

★·.·´¯'·.·★ . ★·.·´¯'·.·★