-☆𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝘀𝘀𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝗪𝗮𝗹𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘁☆-

"Do you want to die ?"

That was the first question Shuichi was asked when he entered the back of the store where they kept boxes of products ranging from clothes to toys , but not the food products which were kept in a different part of the store. But being asked such a straight forward question, it .. really took Shuichi by surprise. When he came in the back , a girl with long brown pigtails seemed to appear in front of him and had her arms crossed and was glaring a menacing, crimson stare into Shuichi that felt like she was looking into his very soul. The blue-headed male had cried out with surprise and stumbled back, nearly falling down . He grabbed onto the wall behind him, leaning against it as he caught his breath. He definitely lost a few years on his life span. Shuichi took a breath , covering his mouth to try and muffle his deep breaths.

"W-what. .? . ." He didn't know what to say.

The girl walked over a couple quick strides to Shuichi and stopped. "What do you want ? I work back here . " she stated , sounding pretty irritated she was having to deal with Shuichi like he was some troublesome kid getting in the way. She narrowed her eyes like a hawk. "If you needed to get something, tell me ." She told him.

However Shuichi wasn't here to stock up. Not that they usually did that in the mid-afternoon. Usually they stocked night and morning. When there were less customers . So maybe that's why the female wasn't expecting to see anyone here.

"I'm Shuichi Saihara. I...I , um , came to see someone .. "

"In the storage room?"

"Um...y-eah.."

The girl frowned. Then she sighed. "I'm Maki Harukawa." She replied looking down. "...And I'm the only one who works back here."

Shuichi blinked. "Oh. You do?.." he trailed off , and scratched the back of his head. He was sure Kaito mentioned Kokichi would be back here. Maybe it was a mistake or Kokichi was somewhere else.

Shuichi pushed himself from the wall and cleared his throat. He bowed politely to Maki and stood back up straight and began to head out. "Sorry about bothering you Harukawa-san.." he said with a wave and left with a feeling of confusion and even disappointment. He didn't want to have bad feelings with his other co-workers. And he felt he kinda had that with him and Maki. Maybe he shouldn't have come. He was just wasting everyone's time. Shuichi wasn't even good talking with people! He was just fooling himself-

Suddenly Shuichi felt someone take and hold his hand. He snapped out of his thoughts and looked around co fused before realizing to look to his side where he saw Kokichi right there. The gremlin was smiling up at him. "Nishishi~ so you were looking for me , huh ?
I'm so popular ~!" He cheered to himself. He pulled Shuichi's hand , pulling the taller down to his height. "I heard everything. You were looking for someone. Well , since only me and Maki work in the back, it had to be me , right ?" He asked in a loud whisper and michivious grin.

"So newbie..What's your dirty
lil secret you wanna tell me?"

★·.·'¯'·.·★ . ★·.·'¯'·.·★