Chapter 23: The Fire of Desire

As you walked into your apartment you didn't hesitate to kick your boots off and stretch your arms. Feitan followed behind you, always shyly standing in front of the doorway as if it was the first time he was over.

"You know you can sit down or do whatever you want, you're hardly a stranger." You giggled as you smiled at him, taking your jacket off and placing it on the coat rack next to you.

"Tch." He glanced at you, placing a bag on the couch.

"What's that?" you pointed at it curiously.

He walked over to you, reaching out to lightly brush your cheek.

"Not for strangers." He lightly smiled, watching as your eyes widened in delight at his attempt to be humorous.

In the few months you had gotten to know the short man in front of you, he rarely if ever tried to be funny. He was usually serious, keeping to himself around others and only slightly opening up when he was alone with you. It was obvious with the increasing amount of time you spent with him, the more he relaxed when you two were alone. These were changed that didn't go unnoticed by him. This worried him, how obvious it was to others how his mannerisms changed around you. It would be a weakness that enemies could exploit if he was not careful.

"I do ask you though, please be careful and keep her safe" your father's words rang in his head, and he took a step back.

"What's wrong?" you wondered.

"Nothing." He turned to look at the framed picture of you and your mother. "Her father is right. I need to be careful not to involve her in anything I get into. This is exactly what I feared, getting close enough to someone I couldn't bear losing."

"Your annoying friend...she won't be coming this weekend right?" he continued as he rummaged through the bag he threw on the sofa.

"No, she's on vacation with her boyfriend. She wouldn't stop talking about how excited she was to go." You remembered Hina's ecstatic tone on the phone with her a few days ago.

"Good." He firmly stated, pulling up the item he was searching for.

As you noticed him turn around a sly grin grew on his lips and he revealed a pair of handcuffs.

"What-what is that?" you nervously questioned.

"Don't say a word." He purred, swiftly picking you up. He carried you to your room and as you landed on the bed, he placed a kiss on your neck, bringing your shirt over your head. He undid your bra and right when you thought he was going for another kiss, he gripped your wrist and locked the handcuff around it, securing the other part on your bed frame. He followed these actions with your other hand.

"I don't know what you're doing but...I like where it's goi-" Feitan quickly placed his hand over your mouth, bringing his index finger over his lips, motioning you to be silent.