Chapter 12 Bet

Keira's POV
The Gym was starting to fill up fast with people here to either watch or participate in the fights. Who ever wins their fight gets fifteen percent of the beats placed on them twenty goes to the gym and the rest to the winners of the bets. The money I earn has always been nice to put towards college and helping my mother with bills. She hates it when I help but is greatful at the same time for me always helping out.
         I feel a tap on my shoulder and look to see Tony "my dad wants to see us in his office," he told me with a very serious expression. If Tony is this serious this can't be good. I nod my head and quickly follow Tony into Jonny's office where Jazzy, Clara, my mom, Mary, Jonny, and Nick are waiting for us. Once I am in Tony closes the door behind me "what's wrong," I asked as I noticed all the serious faces in here. "Tyler challenged Nick," Jazzy said "yeah I know," I said confused as to why this is being brought back up. "Tony was challenged by Preston," Jonny told me "ok I am still confused here," I said not understanding why this all mattered.
"Preston wants to make an outside bet that doesn't involve money," Tony said I drew my eyebrows together as I asked "what kind of outside bet," they all looked to each other. "Well," I asked getting slightly agitated with how slow they were with telling me why this all mattered. "Preston says if Tony wins they will leave you alone for the rest of the year," Jazzy said "including us," Clara added "but if he wins then you have to help tutor them in math," Jazzy said. "That's not that bad," I said "also you have to go on a date with him," Jazzy quickly added, my face fell from confusion into one of pure anger.
"Keira stay calm," my mom said knowing I could blow up any second I looked to Tony though "kick his ass," I said. "I don't care if you win but beat the living shit out of him for me," I told Tony, he smirked and nodded his head he went to leave but I grabbed his upper arm. "I would prefer for you to win too though," I said in a nervous voice Tony chuckled and nodded his head then left. I looked to Jonny "please tell me I have a fight," I said needing to release the anger that was in me "your fights next," Jonny told me. I nodded my head then quickly left to see Preston staring my way I glared at him.
But all Preston did was smirk "Tony better kill him," Nick said as he, Jazzy, and Clara came out behind me. "I hope for Tony's sake he does," I said "come on Keira let's get you ready," said Jazzy, Nick then told Clara he see her in a bit. Us girls then walked away towards the changing room, I looked over to see Duke all ready. He was smirking my way and all I did was stare coldly at him then smirk myself. I than ran the back of my thumb over my throat showing him that he was dead. Duke lost his smirk while I kept my smirk right where it was as we entered the girls locker room.

         Us girls were quite as Jazzy and Clara watched me wrap my hands and feet up. "Ready," I said once I was done I then stood up and walked towards the door. I swung the door open and exited with Clara and Jazzy right behind me; the crowd was cheering loudly as we walked towards the ring. One of the fights between two girls was just finishing up as they declared the winner. Once both girls were out the ring Jonny announced who was up next. "Introducing first the girl who has traveled to France, Italy, and London! The girl who knows all the right moves! An undefeated Champ in Boxing, Kick Boxing, Karate, Judo, and Taekwondo! Give a big round of applause for Keira Alessia Esposito!" Jonny announces loudly for everyone to know.
         I looked at Duke to see his and his buddies worried expression "don't think they knew about your background," said Tony as he put my gloves on my hands for me. "Good I like surprising people," I told him, Tony smirked then look back behind me as he backed away to get out. "Introducing next is a first timer here at the Gym! He is known as one of The Gods from Mulberry High School! Duke Hayes!" Jonny announced and most the crowd booed since they are from Tony's old school. While the rest cheered out of politeness of course my friends booed him though.
         I put in my mouth guard as Duke does the same "kick his ass Kiera," Jazzy shouted at me which made me smirk. Duke and I both got into our stances as we sized each other up. Duke looked more worried than I was I just smirked and waited for the bell. Ding! Time to let the fun begin.