Chapter 30 Nonna's Offer

After the most painful dinner of my life that mostly involved my little brothers doing everything in their power to scare Mr. Andrews away. I explained to everyone what happened between Jerry and me after Mr. Andrews left the house. "That sick bastard!" Duke said "he is really fucked up in the head," Nick said Nonna walked both Nick and Duke with her cane. "Were you two never taught to not cuss in front of your elders," Nonna asked the two of them but it sounded more like she was scolding them. "I guess that means we're moving again," said Alexander with a sad expression "you guys aren't going anywhere," Tony said when Alexander looked to him with a hope filled expression Tony ruffled Alexander's hair.
"Yeah," said Clara "we all agreed that it be best if we just stuck together," "kind of like a wolf pack," Jazzy added smiling to my brothers as they looked to the girls as they each talked. "That is very kind of all of you," Mom said and everyone looked to her "but I am afraid that cannot happen. What about you parents? I am sure they'd be worried sick. And I have a feeling Jerry is even low enough to use them to get to Kiera. Or even turn you against Kiera to make he give into his wants," everyone looked to the ground sadly. "Kiera," Nonna said I looked to her and I knew everyone else did too "why don't you leave," "Clarissa," Mom gasped "Nonna," my brother said in shock. "It be safer for not only you but everyone else," Nonna said I looked to the ground knowing she was right.
"You can go back to Italy with me. Our family is filled with martial artists. You'd be safe and so would the family. And after some time we can send you somewhere else to live," Nonna said I closed my eyes Nonna was right if I left it be better for everyone. Jerry wouldn't bother them and try searching for me again even if he tried to get me in Italy. He'd have no luck because all my family members there can fight in multiple different styles as well. Even the kids can fight just like my brothers can. "No," said Tyler suddenly I opened my eyes quickly and looked to see him standing up off the couch placing Matty down on the couch. "Kiera isn't going anywhere," Tyler said "yeah I can't lose my first friend I have had in a long time," Jazzy said standing up once she began to talk.
"Kiera has been my best friend since we were 2," Tony said pushing himself off the wall he was leaned against "and there is no way I would let anyone hurt her," he declared. Everyone else in the room began to stand tall and say how much I meant to them or what I have taught them or even how they wouldn't let a thing happen to me. "Kiera can be a pain and yeah she messed up my life," Preston said from the entryway of the living room "but she is strong and has never given up. Or let anyone control how she lives her life. So I agree with everyone here Kiera isn't going anywhere," I smiled and nodded to Preston. "Thank you everyone," I said Jazzy and Clara immediately ran to me and hugged me, I hugged them back. My brothers than ran up, then Tony and my mom, and then the guys joined in on the group hug.
"Very well," Nonna said and everyone looked to her breaking up our group hug I walked up to Nonna. "Thank you for your offer Nonna," I said and hugged her, she hugged me back and when we pulled apart I smiled at her. Suddenly I was met with a can upside my head "what was that for," Orion asked shocked "you people are turning my only granddaughter into softy," Nonna said. "Did she say only," Fred asked "man that means no more strong hot babes," Orion said with a defeated sigh. Nonna smacked him with her cane "even if I had anymore granddaughters I would never let them date you," Nonna said everyone laughed but I just smirked "I would however let her marry this one," Nonna said pointing her cane to Tyler. Both Tyler and I blushed hardcore "Nonna!" I yelled she smiled to me "I told your father this when I met your mother," Nonna said and I looked to her curiously. "This ones a winner," my blush came back and I turned away from everyone not wanting them to see me effected but my grandmother's words.
"Clarissa!" Mom yelled for me though in shock herself "I am off to bed," Nonna said and I could hear her make her way upstairs. I soon felt the lasers of everyone's eyes on me, I cleared my throat as I gathered myself back up from my embarrassment I am still feeling. "I am gonna go in take a shower," I said heading towards the stairs as I made it to the top of the stairs I heard Jazzy ask "did she just say um," "yeah," said Tony in shock. "Was it me or was she blushing like Tyler still is," Duke asked I heard a smack "I am not blushing," Tyler yelled "sure you aren't," Preston said. I smiled softly "I'm not!" I walked away from the stairs into my room to get clothes and take a shower.
When I came out my room Nonna was standing in the doorway of Mom's room where she will be sleeping while visiting us. "I am right," she said "oh shut it Nonna," I said as I walked by she hit me with her cane and it made me smile softly again. I don't want to admit this but Nonna has always had a keen eye on who will get married or fall in love. Which makes me very very nervous.

****

Do you think Nonna is right?

Or should Kiera be with someone else?