Chapter 9 Punishment

I walked into the nurses office as she was finishing calling Clara's step mother to come get and take her to the doctor. Once she put the phone down she looked to me "are you the one that fought the five boys in the cafeteria," she asked me, I nodded my head. I was still angry but I kept my emotions at bay and stuck with a blank expression. "You have a bit of blood on your clothes," she told me I looked down and sure enough on my light grey t-shirt there was a bit of blood.
"Clara your mom will be here in a bit. I have to go to the office where they are keeping the boys," the nurse told us then left the room after Jazzy thanked her. "You were pretty brave to jump in front of Keira like that," Tony said "thanks," Clara said with a thin small smile "why did you do it," Jazzy asked, that was a good question. "I am tired of watching people suffer because of Tyler and his friends. I am tired of him always wanting me to just be quiet yet be there for him," Clara told us "if it makes you feel better I made him smash his own face into the floor," I said. Clara smiles softly as Tony laughed and Jazzy rolled her eyes at me.
"I don't give a shit where is she," we heard an angry Tyler yelled he entered the doorway to see us three then Clara. "What The Fuck Were You Thinking," Tyler yelled with a bloody face as he approached Clara I stepped in his way. "Don't make me kick your ass again," I warned him with a glare he glared back at me "it's ok Keira," Clara said. It really wasn't but I moved aside anyways. "What the fuck were you thinking. It looks fucking bad when my own damn girlfriend jumps in and on the wrong side," Tyler shouted "I have told you for two years that I don't approve over these horrible things you do. So I decided I would prove my point," Clara said.
"Yeah you proved something," Tyler said "you proved that I don't need your fucking ass around me anymore," "Tyler," Clara said. "No were done," he said and walked away Tony, Jazzy, and I looked to Clara tears were forming in her eyes. "Hey Clara," said Tony, she looked to him "tomorrow night if your up for it. Keira and I have a sort of fight we have to do. At the gym we workout at. Jazzy, my family, and Keira's family are coming. Would you like to join us," Tony offered Clara looked like she was about to turn it down when Jazzy jumped in. "You should totally come. Tony and Keira are both amazing fighters of course they can only do boxing or kick boxing. But you will absolutely love it," Jazzy told her, Clara smiled softly as she wiped a few stray tears away "ok," she agreed.
         Jazzy smiled big along with Tony, I just smirked though "Clara," her step mom said entering the room quickly. "Are you ok," she asked her "the nurse said she thinks my nose is broken," Clara told her "well let's get you to the doctor," she told her step daughter. "What happened," she asked me "Tyler and his goons. Were purposely picking a fight with me. Tyler went to sneak attack me and Clara jumped in the way to save me," I informed her "I can't believe those idiots did this. I am so sorry," she told me. "Don't apologize for-" I got caught off when I heard yelling in Italian.
         "Keira, I think your mom is here," Jazzy said "fuck," I cursed and headed out following the loud yelling. It was in the office the Principal and front desk man were holding my mom back from the five idiots. I walked up to them putting my hands on my mom shoulders "Mamma calmati. Inspira ed espira, dentro e fuori. Nessun pensiero omicida mamma," I told her (Mamma calmati. Inspira ed espira, dentro e fuori. Nessun pensiero omicida mamma = Mom calm down. Breath in and out, in and out. No murderous thoughts Mom) as she slowly calmed down. "I'm calm now I am," my mom told me, I turned around to see the parents of the five boys.
         "You did this to my son," asked a woman as she pointed to Duke, I smirked "he deserved it," I said my mom smacked my arm. "Don't smirk Keira. What did they do for you to do this," my mom asked me "and what makes you think my sons deserved this," asked the mother of Orion and Fred. The husband looked like he just mentally face palmed himself. "They brought up the fact you almost committed suicidio then brought up Dad being murdered. But said he deserved it," I told my mom, my mom immediately went back to yelling in Italian scaring everyone as I held her back. "We didn't know he was murdered," said Fred that strikes a nerve in me, my mom could tell too. Because she stopped as I turned around "you didn't know," I said they nodded their heads "Fottuti stronzi di tua madre," I said as I lunged for them (Fottuti stronzi di tua madre = You mother fucking assholes).
         Tony caught me "Dovrei strapparti la testa," I shouted (Dovrei strapparti la testa = I should rip your heads off) as Tony dragged me out the office and the school. Tony put me down outside "Keira, you can't kill them. It looks like you are already in trouble," Tony told me. I paced around I wanted to hurt them but Tony was right I was in enough trouble as it was. "Bene," I shouted (bene=Fine) "good now stay calm," he told me, I nodded my head we then reentered the school and office. "You ok," Jazzy asked me, I nodded my head as I stood beside my mom now.
         I watched as a man got on to the five boys "this is unacceptable for all of you. Principal Dean, I want my son and his friends here. Stuck cleaning the entire cafeteria," the man yelled. "And for the girl," he asked the man "she has a name," my mom said agitatedly "as far as I am concerned she did nothing wrong. These five bad mouthed her for no reason," the man said. "Ms. Esposito," the man said "I hope you can accept our apologies for our children's terrible behavior," the man said. "I accept your apologies but may I suggest a different punishment," my mom asked "I would like to hear it first," said the man "of course," my mom said.
         "I have a family friend and he owns a boxing gym. Every Saturday night he hosts a fighting competition. Well he is always goes in very earlier to get set up and then leaves the next morning after cleaning. Why don't for like a month or two they go and help him. My daughter and her friends plan to go tomorrow to get warmed up and help out. But it probably teach them hard work and make them realize after a month or two. That they shouldn't have done any of that," my mom said she had to be fucking kidding though right. My gym the one I love. "That is a fantastic idea. But once a week wouldn't be good for them. Would he mind them going and helping clean stuff during the day," the man asked "I am sure he wouldn't mind at all Mr. Andrews," my mom answered. "Then it's settled they start tomorrow," the boys started to protest but the man said "we can make it three months," they then shut up.
         "We will see you all tomorrow," said Mr. Andrews, he then grabbed Preston by the upper arm and guided him out the school. They all then left and I looked to my mom "the gym really. I take Matty there," I told her "Mr. Andrews is my boss Keira. Plus you can make their lives hell there," my mom told me. She had a point I could but that gym is special to me. "Bene," I said with a huff "good now let's get you home and cleaned. I will pick the boys up later," she told me. I nodded my head and followed my mom out the school after saying bye to Jazzy and Tony. Jazzy had also gave me my bag as I left which I was thankful for.
         Once at home I took a shower and pretreated my clothes to get the blood out of them hopefully. I doubt it though I may just have to throw them away which I will be sad about. I got the blood off of my dad's necklace though. I sighed as I looked at it once the blood was gone "your dad would be proud," Mom told me. "He'd be proud of you the most," I told her, she smiled then walked away to go do laundry probably. I smiled as I put the necklace back on I heard the doorbell ring and my mom call me down. I skipped down the steps to see Clara "hey," she said "can we talk."