Chapter 20 Argument

The boys woke up like usual and got ready like our usual routine, but just like I was earlier. They were shocked to find Mom in the kitchen making breakfast with me "did hell freeze over," Ryan asked "Ryan Henry Esposito mouth," Mom told him. Ryan muttered sorry as Quinton sat beside him and Matty sat across from Quinton "what's going on," Alexander asked "Kiera," Mom said I could feel her eyes on me. I knew she wanted me to explain it to them "no Mom," I said she huffed and turned to my brothers. "Boys I have some news," Mom said nervously them paused like she had done to me "are you pregnant again," Charlie asked I busted out laughing.
           Mom had wide eyes like she had with me except she smacked me because I was laughing at what was said. "No I am not pregnant," Mom told the boys after my laughing calmed down to a mere chuckle. "So what is it," Quinton asked our dearest mother I looked to see her about to break the news to them. But was interrupted by the front door opening and Jazzy yelling out "I am here my people," "Jazzy," the boys cheered as they got up to hug her. "You know I am here too," Tony said making himself sound so hurt by the boys ignoring his presence they boys only looked to Tony. "Hi Tony," they all said before going back to hugging Jazzy "I feel betrayed," Tony said then entered the dining room/kitchen.
            "Sandra," said Tony in shock to see my mom still here "Sandra," Jazzy said sounding just as shocked as she came in with the boys. "What are you still doing here," Jazzy asked with a confused look on her face "are you pregnant again," Tony asked remembering the last two times he was around us when the news was broke. I laughed again my mother smacked my arm again as I did my best to calm it down to a snicker. "No I am not," Mom said sounding agitated now "be better than what you are about to tell them," I said giving a forced toothy smile to my mother, who glared at me. "Are we moving again," Ryan asked as he sat back down "oh come on Mom, I was just starting to make friends," Alexander whined "no we are not moving," Mom said with a huff.
Just then the doorbell rang "I'll get it," Matty sang as he got up "no," Mom said Matty stopped in his tracks looking to Mom. "I'll um get it," she said nervously then walked out to go open the door Jazzy walked up to me. "So what is going on," she asked me, everyone looked to me as I put the last of the bacon on a paper towel covered plate. "You'll see just like I will," I said still trying to figure out who it exactly could be as I put the last on the bacon on a paper towel covered plate. "Kids," we hear Mom say we all turn around to see Mom standing there with a man I know I have seen before. My phone buzzes in my pocket I take it out just as my brothers try to play tough guys acting like they know what's best for Mom. Plus trying to intimidate the guy so he'll leave.
I see it is from Clara and open up the text.

Clara:
Why is Preston and his
dad at your house?

I look up from my phone fast just as Preston comes around the corner. "It's the devil," Matty screams pointing at Preston Matty then takes off running into the backyard. "Did he just call me the devil," Preston asked as Charlie goes off chasing after Matty telling him that was a joke.
"Mom," I said everyone looking to me "a word," I say through gritted teeth as I approach her just as she says ok I grab her arm. I practically drag my mother upstairs and once at the top stop. "Are you crazy," I asked her not caring really if anyone heard me or not "Preston's dad," I asked Mom sighed. "Kiera, Sweetheart," Mom started trying to soften me up but I wasn't budging "I know you and Preston have some problems," Mom said "two days ago he purposely pissed me off trying to make Tony lose a fight," I said with a monotone voice. "But Richard is very sweet and cares about me," Mom said "that's great Mom truly but there is a big negative. It just so happens to be son that he is the father of," I said Mom sighed "Kiera can't you just try to get a long," Mom asked of me.
I scoffed "get along with that thing," I asked "I'd rather eat glass and nails than get along with that asshole. Plus isn't his dad your boss and you are his secretary. Isn't that a bit stereotypical," Mom glared at me "Kiera Alessia Esposito," Mom said "you are going to be nice to them. If you are not nice I will not allow you to ever do martial arts again and that includes your brothers," I glared at my mother. "Then you would be getting rid of the only thing that connects them today," I said knowing that cut deep due to the hurt face she gave. I began to walk off "where are you going," Mom yelled at me "my room to get my bag and shoes," I said before slamming my door shut.