Chapter 16 What They Do

I leaned against a wall in alley smoking a cigarette that I bought from one of Tony's old buddies that I remembered. The rain was pouring down hard still as I just continued to smoke not wanting to feel anything. I barely had any cash left on me and my entire body was soaked from the rain. I inhaled the toxic smoke not giving a shit what it would do to my lunges when I heard commotion coming from the other end of the alley. Looking I see four guys mugging an innocent couple; I exhaled the smoke and flicker my cigarette into a puddle.
Making my way towards them one of the guys held a gun at the guy telling them to give them all their valuables. One of his buddies noticed me and tapped the one with the gun shoulder. They look to me "pay up," said the one with the gun but I kept coming at them. "He-" he didn't get to finish as he pointed the gun to me, I quickly pushed his wrist into the air. A shot goes off I then quickly disarm him then elbow him in the chest. He stumbles back falling into a puddle the couple runs away as the other three helped their buddy up.
"Your dead now," said the one that fell in the puddle, they charge me as I smirked in satisfaction with his reply and their actions. We broke out into a big one that woke up several, and before we knew it the cops showed up. The one squad car had to call for back up to help break up the fight. Two more cop cars showed up to assist. They broke up the fight arresting us all reading our rights to us as well. As I was being placed in a car by myself I heard one of the other officers say "she did one hell of a job on them," which made me smirk again. I winked to the one guy that originally had the gun as he glared at me.
We all rode to the station as I was being helped out the car the officer told me that my family was on the way. "Great," I mumbled in irritation as they escorted us into the station to figure out what exactly was going on. "Bitch," said one of the muggers, he tried tripping me but I only stumbled. I cut my eyes over to him as he smiled slightly coming past me, without even thinking twice I used the white brick wall in helping me launch higher in the air. I kneed the guy in the face "shit," said the officer escorting me, he picked me up as the five of us tried to go at each other again.
They were yelling at me "being it on bitch," or "come on slut," or "whore," while I was yelling "Imma kick your fucking asses," and "Imma shove my foot up your ass," and "bring it on mother fucker," as the officers were yelling at us to calm down. They were also yelling at each other that we need to get us all separated fast. A few other officers and detectives had to help separate us all; two went out, two stayed put, and I was dragged into one of the interview rooms. I was placed down and immediately went over kicked one of the chairs out then sat down in frustration that I could rip their heads off.
A man in a white button up shirt with his deceive badge and gun on his black belt. He told the two officers that helped get me in here that he was gonna talk to me. They left the room and once the door was shut the man pushed his pepper hair back with his left hand. He turned around we made brief eye contact as there was a knock at the door. He opened it and was handed it a file as his partner entered the room. His partner wore a navy blue button up shirt with his badge and gun on his black belt as well. His hair was short though and red, but they both wore black dress pants and sneakers.
"I thought when we last saw each other four year ago that you would stay out of trouble," said the one in the white shirt as he sat down "I don't know you," I stated simply my face and tone cold like ice. "Sure we do," he said sitting down in front of me after tossing the file on the table "I was the officer that had them let you go after you beat a few guys in an alleyway," he told me. I cut my eyes quickly at him studying him closely as I slowly remembered him now. "So," he said leaning forward "do you just like beating guys up in alleys," he asked me "they all deserve it," I said leaning forward as well.
"I understand why those guys. They killed your dad," he said the mere mention of them and what happened to my dad made my blood boil. "But what I want to understand is what these guys in Italy, France, and England did," he said showing me seven different picture of guys and a girl I beat up over the years. I pointed to the first three guys "Italy. They tried shaking my grandmother down for money," I said I pointed to the next guy "Italy. He tried stealing my mom's purse," I said. I pointed to the girl and next guy "France. They tried abducting my youngest two brothers," I told him. I then pointed to the last guy, one I knew all to well. "England. My mentally abusive ex that thought it was a good idea to lay a hand on me," I said as I said all of this I stared him straight in the eyes never looking away.
Leaning back in my seat feeling calm and collected ready for what question I knew was coming next. "What did they do," asked his partner "they were mugging an innocent couple they pulled off the street," I said "check the cameras. They'll back up my story," the detective in front of me nodded to his partner. His partner left as the detective in front of me slide me a notepad and pen "write it down for us please," he said. "Whatever," I said and grabbed the pen to writing this stuff down in cuffs of course. Once I finished the detective grabbed the notepad and stood up leaving me all alone in this boring room. "Great," I sighed in frustration trying to figure out what to do now.