Chapter 18 After You Ran

Keira's POV
          Mom pulled up to Boxing Gym parking lot was almost completely empty I unbuckled getting out. "Do you need help Kiera," Mom asked noticing my slight limp "no it's probably just a sprain ankle," I said my foot only started hurting after that mugger attempt to trip me and have me fall in my face. I noticed that Duke, Tyler, Fred, Orion, and Preston's vehicles were still here they were probably cleaning up the mess from tonight. I entered with Mom to see the place still a complete mess but noticed that Preston looked beaten up. I noticed Duke had a few new bruises himself that I didn't give him. The two were glaring at each other and the tension between them couldn't even be cut with a knife.
"Kiera," Jazzy said when she saw us, everyone looked our way as I approached with Mom. Jazzy came running to me and practically jumped on me as the others stopped in front of me. The Gods only had stood up "ow Jazzy," I said she backed up almost immediately "oh I'm sorry," she said with fear in her eyes. I watched as she placed her hands to her side noticing the clear bruises on her knuckles "what happened to your knuckles," I asked Jazzy blushes as she hide her hands behind her back. She stuttered to come up with an excuse but Tony jumped in "what happened to you," he asked me.
I smirked "I don't look that bad compared to the four muggers I beat the hell out of," I said I then went back to being serious "now what happened to Jazzy and all of you," I asked. Nick, Tony, Clara, and Jazzy all looked nervously to each other as I waited for my answer "why don't you ask Preston," I hear Duke's voice say. We all look to him and the other so called 'Gods' "you swung first," Preston growled with anger at Duke making the tension between the two more tense. "Yeah after you admitted to cornering Kiera," Duke yelled "and purposely trying to piss her off. So you could throw Tony off his game by being worried about her," "that really is messed up," said Orion "yeah," agreed Fred. Wow. I really didn't think these five ever argued with each other like this.
         "Well Duke lost and so did Nick. If we lost again to them it be unforgivable," Preston yelled "will you two shut up," said Jazzy suddenly I watched as she punched both of them in the jaw. I hadn't even noticed her make her way over to them to do that. "God you two have argued more than you have helped," Jazzy scolded the two they both stared silent but glared at each other causing Jazzy to roll her eyes. "Ok someone to explain to me what the hell is going on," I asked as I did my best to hide my limp and took a seat on one the benches closed to the ground. "Well after you ran off into the pouring rain. We noticed that Preston was just as soaked as you were before you ran off," Tony began to explain to me "I got in Preston's face and confronted him Tyler shoved me back. Which Clara then got in the way and shoved him back telling him 'that if he touched any of her friends she kick him in the balls'," I smirked at that.
          "My dad then had all of us go into his office to keep us away from everyone else so the fights could still continue. While in there arguing about wether or not Preston did something to piss off you, Preston admitted that he did. Hoping I'd be more worried about you and forfeit the fight," Tony said "or if I got int the ring be too distracted and lose," Nick added as he held Clara to his chest with his arms wrapped around her waist. Clara was sending daggers Tyler's way as he looked pissed and almost sad to see her with someone else. "I was so pissed off after Preston admitted it that I stood on top of Jonny's desk. Launched myself at Preston and punched him in the face," Jazzy told me "I feel like a proud mother," I said looking to my mom she smiled and shook her head at me.
          "Preston got angry and grabbed my wrist and look ready about to kill me," Jazzy explained more "but Tony got in the way and got my wrist freed. They had a staring competition with each other but then Duke and them got in on Preston's case," "what do you mean by that," I asked confused a bit. "They couldn't believe that's how Preston planned or wanted to win that fight," Clara said "Duke started asking or accusing Preston of doing this before," Nick added "Preston said he has only uses stuff to get into other peoples heads wen necessary," Tony informed me. "I then said that Preston didn't deserve to be Captain if our schools Boxing Team. If that's how he wants to win fights," Duke said "oh no," said Fred "here they go again," Clara said rolling her eyes.
            "And I told you that it's not my fault I know how to get into other peoples heads. It especially isn't my fault I know how to win a fight above all against a girl," Preston said Duke and him both stood up "first of all you wouldn't win against Kiera either because she had principals. Unlike your rich and pampered life," Duke said. "You got handed everything which turned you into a spoiled brat," Duke said with so much anger "right and I was being a spoiled brat when I gave you cash to help out your family," Preston said with a scoff. "First of all you didn't hand me that cash," Duke said "you told me if I helped you throw a fucking party to impress the other rich kids you knew. You'd give me the cash," "that's fucked up," I said.
          "Yeah Preston nothing is really free with you," said Tyler, I was shocked he was joining Duke's side who was technically defending me. "Are we your friends or people you keep around and treat like hires help," Tyler asked "you guys are my friends," Preston said with anger "then start treating us like we are," said Fred "yeah," agreed Orion. Preston scoffed "I have been treating you like you are my friends," Preston argued "than if that's how you treat your friends. Then we want nothing to do with you," said Duke. Wow I feel like I am watching a movie or TV show. "What are you saying," Preston asked "your kicked out of the Gods is what we are saying," Tyler said now standing beside Duke. Orion and Fred move to stand with them as well this seemed to only anger Preston "fine," he yelled "let's see how good your lives are with out me," he then storms out of the gym.
          "Kiera," I hear Duke say I look away from where Preston left and to the four in front of me. "I am sorry for everything I did," Duke said he then looked down at the ground in shame "we're sorry too," said Orion "yeah even though none of our pranks ever worked," Fred said I smirked at them. "I am.. I am sorry too," Tyler said surprising me a bit "I know Clara and I aren't meant to be together," Tyler said he then turned to her and Nick. "I just hope you can forgive me and allow us all to be friends," Tyler said Clara looked to Nick, who nodded to her "of course Tyler," Clara said with a small Chile gracing her lips.
I smiled "I am glad we all are getting along now," Jazzy said as Tony walked up beside her placing his arm over her shoulders. I nodded my head in agreement "come on girls," my mother said we all looked to her. "It's late and you boys come along to," Mom said "what about clean up," Fred asked "don't worry about it right now," Jonny spoke up as he came out of his office. "Just come by this afternoon to clean it up. It's Sunday so we aren't open today," Jonny informed the boys "alright," said Tyler "thanks Jonny," Duke said. "Not a problem Tony lock the back door up and will all leave," Jonny informed us all "sure thing," Tony said grabbing the keys from Jonny and locking the back door.
           I locked up both locker rooms after grabbing my bag from inside my locker in the girls locker room. "Girls and twins are with me," Mom called the twins high fives and hurried off to catch up to mom who was almost to her minivan. "I'm driving myself and whoever," I said "same here," Tony added "I'll ride with you and Nick," Tyler called. "Looks like it's us then," Duke said following me "whatever just get in," I said unlocking my car and opening my door up. "Yes ma'am," Tony saluted me then got in I rolled my eyes at his antics.
          Tonight has been more eventful than I thought it be I thought you myself as I brought my car to life. "You don't plan to kill us right," Duke asked me, I smirked and rolled my eyes at him "don't be a baby," I tell him. "Oh God," said Duke putting on a fake horrified face "you are gonna kill us," he said I bit my lip biting a laugh back. Why do I have a funny feeling the events are just getting started?