Chapter 36 What I Have To Say

Standing outside the warehouse I knew my feelings of something bad happening were right. I just wish it didn't have to be my family in there. I enter the building to have someone come up behind me shut and lock the door he held no expression on his face as he stood in front of the doors. I heard the lights flicker on and hanging from chains that hung from the roof are my brothers and my mother. "Mom!" I said "Boys!" I said as I hurried over taking off the tape that covered their mouths. "Kiera," my brothers cried "it's ok," I lied to them "everything will be fine," I said trying to calm them down. "My Kiera, you have gone soft," I hear Jerry say from behind me "let them go Jerry. They got nothing to do with this," I said.
"Oh no," he said "I am gonna hold onto them until your dead," he said my brothers and mom started pleading for him to not hurt me. "Come on Jerry," I said "you can kill me or do whatever you please. But let them go," I said he sighed "how about if you defeat my guys," he said gesturing to at least ten maybe twelve guys around us. "I will then let them go," he said "do you promise," I asked Jerry nodded his head "I promise," he told me. As I thought about this offer my mom started "Kiera Alessia Esposito, you have never fought more then seven guys before. You could get yourself killed," my told me with a panic look on her face. "Deal Jerry," I said knowing I could do this "but just in case I need a moment with my family," I said "I got a moment with my brother before he was taken away," Jerry said "so I'll be kind," he told me.
I nodded my head as to thank him as I walked up to Matty first "alright Matty. I want you to keep your eyes closed ok Buddy," I said "please no Kiera," he cried in fear. "Hey, hey," I said "you are going to be fine. Just keep your eyes closed ok. Don't even peak ok," I told him, he nodded his head saying ok. He closed his eyes and I moved on to Quinton "Quint," I said "I know take care of everyone," he told me, I smiled a genuine smile to him. "Definitely the smart one," I said he smiled as I moved to Charlie "keep practicing ok and don't let anyone push you around ok," I told Charlie, he nodded his head "I'll give them three warnings like you said to before I hit 'em," Charlie told me.
I smiled "good," I said before moving to Alexander "it's going to be your job to keep an eye out on Matty. Don't be afraid just cause your younger that you can't help," I reminded Alexander "ok Kiera," he said crying with a sniffle. I walked up to Mom "I have so much to say to you Mom," I said "Kiera sweetheart," Mom said tears falling down her face. "But I need you to know. You did good Mom. You did the best you could after Dad died. And you did amazing," I told her "he's be so proud of you," Mom told me, I smiled tears welling up in my eyes. "I hope so," I said before heading to Ryan next.
"Ryan," I said "no," he said stopping me "Kiera I want to learn everything you have. I wanted me just as skilled as you are and become a UFC Fighter," Ryan told me "but how can I do that if your not here," I smiled tears coming down now. "I told Dad that when I held him in my arms watching him die Ry," I said I looked down at our family "and I am going to tell you what he told me," I informed him. I looked back to Ryan "you will be able to do it because I will be with you every step of the way. You may not be able to see me there but I'll be there. Cheering you on and you will make it. Because you will have our family there with you," I told Ryan wiping away one of his tears.
I stepped back as Jerry said "now that, that puking worthy moment is over," I turned around "I hope you die a painful miserable death Kiera," he said "get her," he said as I got into my fighting stance. "I hope you get everything coming to you Jerry," is all I say before the fight begins.

I kicked, punched, head butted, clawed, and even bit a guy just so I can stand here now. My body felt truly horrible as I breathed heavily after this exhausting fight I stared at the unconscious bodies all around me. I heard the sound of a gun and looked to see Jerry pointing it at me as there is banging on the warehouse doors. I knew by the voices it is my friends, the blood going down the side of my face dripped to the ground. I stayed still "you know Kiera. I knew I had you this time," Jerry told me as he walked closer.
I noticed that Detective from 4 years ago coming up from behind Jerry with his gun out. "Let them go Jerry," I said keeping him distracted "we had a deal," he laughed coldly "oh I will keep the deal," he said. He pointed his gun to them my eyes widen I ran to block the shot but I heard a gun go off. Jerry's eyes widen as he falls to the ground blood pouring out from where his heart was. My friends burst into the warehouse "Kiera," Tyler yelled relieved to see me standing. "Hey Guys," I said the world spinning I felt my body sway before my eyesight became hard to see out of. I could barely hear someone calling my name before everything went black.

When I opened my eyes I am standing in a field of tall grass with a bright blue sky filled with clouds. "Kiera," I heard a familiar voice I haven't heard in years I turn around to see my dad wearing blue jeans and a white shirt. "Daddy," I said tears coming into my eyes "come here," he said opening his arms up for me. I ran to him jumping into his arms "you have done so good sweetheart," he told me tears coming down my face now. "I wish I could have done more Daddy," I told him hugging him tighter "you have done plenty sweetheart," he told me as he put me down.
I wiped away my tears "I can't leave them Dad," I told him, he smiled sadly at me "I know Kiera. But when it's time it's time," he said. He walked away and I looked back seeing my memories over the years pass by in the distance. I sighed looking down to the ground before looking to my dad, who was waiting for me. I started to walk towards him when a white light blinded me.