Chapter 25 Unexpected Kindness

The bell rang and I walked with Clara to the lunch room to meet up with Jazzy and the guys. After I told everyone about my sitting the guys not Tony the other ones convinced me to join them for lunch. Jazzy was against it but Duke, the twins, and Tyler... sort of him, they apologized to her for bullying her. Tyler did apologize again to Clara though for being an ass to her, and Tony had no objections as long as Jazzy was happy. But that aside people are still treating me weird I asked a teacher for another week expansion for the project. Since everyone was still struggling with it and he said "well of course. Anything for the Goddess," he then winked at me. I gagged and scrunched my nose up in disgust because EW! He is like 73!
          "How are you handling this," Clara suddenly asked me as the students parted like the Red Sea for us "if I have another Jock hit on me. I am flipping him threw a window," is all said in the most calmest tone of voice known to man. "Figured," she said "just try to ignore them," just then a guy with classes and suspenders on hands me a rose then made a clicking noise with his mouth as he pointed finger guns at me. "Ok that one is new to me," Clara said sounding a bit shocked at what just happened I hugged and continued. I decided to make a stop at my locker to put this rose in there along with a few of my text books.
          The moment I open it though letters and notes starting falling along with some chocolates I looked to Clara, who now had Tony and Jazzy by her. "Kiera," Clara went to say but I put my hand up telling her to not say whatever she is going to say. I empty my bag of my textbooks "go to lunch without me," I said as I knelt down to pick up all the letters, notes, and chocolates that fell to the floor. "What," said Clara in shock I think she expected me to lose my temper which I can see why. But I wasn't going to just leaves these here multiple people put hard work into writing these Notes and Letters... I think. But for the ones that bought the chocolates but money into this too. So it is only right I takes them read them enjoy the chocolates and then depending on what is inside of these letters and notes. I will turn them down or consider their offers... who am I kidding I just plan to turn them down. But I need names first!
          "Are you sure K," Tony asked me "yeah," I said nodding my head "ok," he said. "Don't take too long Kiera," Jazzy called to me as the three began to leave. Once they were gone the hall was completely empty I sighed "you seem popular," I hear an all to familiar voice say to me. "What do you want Preston," I asked with another sigh not in the mood for this "my dad told me I needed to apologize to you," he said I never looked at him but just kept picking everything up. "Whatever I forgive you. Now can you please leave me alone," I said it was silent so I assumed he left but when I saw a hand pick up one of the letters. I turned my head to find Preston helping me out I was shocked honestly and I guess my face showed it. "What," Preston asked with his eyebrows drawn together in confusion I shake my head "nothing just didn't think you'd help me," I said honestly.
          "Me either," Preston answered honestly I smirked at him but then continued on picking everything up and Preston helped. When we finished I shoved my bag into my locker after taking a pencil and a binder out of my locker. "Thanks," I said closing my locker and looking to Preston "no problem," Preston said smiling to me. "Get Away Form Her!" we suddenly heard and before either of us knew what was happening Preston was tackled to the ground by Duke. "What The Fuck!" Preston yelled as they struggled with each other on the ground "I'm with Preston on this," I said. "Are you ok Kiera," Jazzy asked me "yes," I said "why," I asked next "why?" said Tyler "did Preston do anything to you Kiera," Fred asked "yeah what's one plus one," Orion asked. Understanding now what was wrong I answered "one plus one is is fish also nothing happened. Preston just helped me pick up the giant pile of letters, notes, and chocolates I got from people," I told everyone.
          "What," said Duke in shock "get off me," Preston said and tossed Duke off of him "why would you do that," Tyler asked narrowing his eyes at Preston. Funny how just in a day everyone can so easily turn on him and hate him. "I don't know," Preston said before walking off "are you sure he did nothing," Clara asked me "yeah," agreed Jazzy. "Maybe he gave her amnesia," Orion said. "Oh yeah and that would explain why she thinks one plus one is fish," said Fred, I wanted so badly to smack those two, but instead I rolled my eyes at them. "I'm going to lunch," I said walking away "wait for me," said Tyler "I don't want to hear the twins stupid idiotic theories that make no sense," I smirked "makes two of us," I said. As we could hear Jazzy saying how brilliant the twins are behind us while Clara, Duke, and Tony listened but said how stupid that all sounded.
          "So did Preston really just help you out," Tyler asked me "yes," I answered with a sigh "strange he doesn't just help for no reason," Tyler said. "He probably helped me because his dad is dating my mother," I said with a disgusted and hate filled voice "No Way! Mr. Andrew," Tyler asked shocked. "Yep. Which why do Preston and Mr. Andrew have different last names," I asked wanting to understand this "his dad didn't know Preston was alive or existed until he was four. His Mom died of Cancer," Tyler explained to me. "How sad," I said Tyler nodded his head "but don't let it make you pity him, Preston can still be an asshole," Tyler told me, I nodded my head but I couldn't help but feel remorse for Preston. Because I knew just how he felt about losing a parent.