Chapter 29 We Have Your Back

When I arrived back at the gym all my friends were watching as Matty and Tyler were playing with each other. I stopped to see Tyler letting Matty beat him up I smiled at how sweet this scene before me was. Tyler seemed attractive when he was being sweet to others like how he is with Clara. Trying to make up for all the shit he did wrong and now with Matty. "He is defiantly a handsome guy," I heard Jonny say I look to my right surprised to see him standing so close to me as he looked to the group. "Nice shiner," he said pointing to my face as he looked to me fuck was all I thought when he said shiner. Jonny walked away as Jazzy called my name out "please let Jonny be pulling my leg," I said as Matty called my name in excitement. I turned just in them for him to crash into me hugging me tightly "hey Mat," I said smiling and rubbing his back.
          "Wow Kiera what happened to your face," Orion asked as all my friends came up to me, I dropped the smile taking Matty's bag from his hand. "Nothing," I said not wanting any of them to panic especially Matty "did you go to the fight club again," Matty asked me, I sighed "why are you so smart," I asked him. He smiled real big at me "Mommy told me, I am because she is," Matty told me "she isn't that smart," I muttered to myself. "Fight Club?" Tony said giving me a questioning look I never told Tony about the illegal fighting. I knew he'd get worried for my safety and snitch me out to my mother. "It's nothing," I said I looked to Matty "come on Matty," I said "bye guys! See you at the house," he called to everyone. They all said their goodbyes to him but I could tell by the glare Tony gave me. That this conversation wasn't over and I didn't really blame him, I told him everything except for this.
          Once I got Matty into the car and buckled up I hurried to get the others boys. They of course asked questions about my face and Matty told them it was the fight club. I told the boys when we got home not to mention it to Mom. They agreed but said I owed them pizza and soda for a week, which whatever I made a killing at the fight. Once home and I opened the front door Mom called out from the kitchen  "how was school?!" "How is starting a new family," Ryan said rudely. "Ryan Henry Esposito do not start," Mom corrected him as I started up the steps "Kiera," I stopped dead in my tracks. "Come here please we need to talk," Mom told me "later," I said just trying to get to my room and cover the bruise up.
          "No now," Mom said I sighed as I turned around heading into the kitchen "what," I said to see her back is turned to me. "I know you aren't happy about me dating again. But I think if you gave Richard a chance-" I cut her off "I am not happy you are dating Preston's dad," I corrected "Kiera don't yo think-" Mom stopped talking after she turned around to see my face. "What happened to your face Kiera," she asked me "nothing,0 I said trying to walk away Mom hurried though and grabbed my arm. She faced me towards he and looked at my eye "nothing?!" she started "you have a black eye Kiera Alessia Esposito what happened," "nothing Mom," I said. But she wasn't having it she started to rant in Italian that whoever did this was going to lose a lot of things.
"Mom chill out," I said "yeah I doubt a random stranger just walked up and hit her," I heard Tony say from behind me. Great just great. "You are right Tony," Mom said she studied me for a minute "then how would she have-" Mom cut Duke off yelling "KIERA ALESSIA ESPOSITO!" I winced at her volume and how close she was to me. "I swear to Dio if you were Illegally Fighting again I will-" I cut her off again "oh no you don't get to get all pissed off at me. Because I made sure to unleash my anger before coming to this dumbass dinner," I said beginning another argument with my mother. "I am allowed to date whoever the hell I want Kiera," Mom said "Oh, quindi non importa che sia il figlio del tuo fottuto ragazzo! Ha cercato di rovinarmi la vita dal momento in cui l'ho incontrato," I argued back in Italian (Oh so it doesn't matter that your fucking boyfriend's son! Has been trying to ruin my life since the moment I met him!) "Importa Kiera! Ma non agire in questo modo è il motivo per cui sei arrabbiata Kiera!" Mom argued back (It does matter Kiera! But do not act like that is the reason why you are angry Kiera!) I scoffed.
"That is the reason why I am angry!" I yelled "bullshit!" Mom yelled back "not cazzate," I said not understanding why she didn't believe me. The doorbell rang and the house fell silent "I got it," Charlie called as he ran to the door to open it. "You don't believe me because that's not what you want to believe," I said as the front door opened "NONNA!" Charlie yelled in excitement I hurried out the kitchen as my brother hurried to the front door. Entering our house hugging my brothers is my grandmother smiling like usual happy to see them. "Clarissa," Mol said as she hurried passed me to Nonna "what are you doing here," Mom asked Nonna. "Oh just came to see how you were all getting along," Nonna said she then looked to me as I went cold. I walked up slightly to Nonna as she walked to me "Nonna," I said without warning she hit me on the side of my head with her cane.
I sighed as I rubbed the side of my head "I hope you aren't giving your mother a hard time," Nonna said "not really Nonna," I answered honestly. "What is it this time you two are arguing about," Nonna asked after she shook her head "Mom doesn't believe me that the only reason I am angry with her. Is she dating pretty much my bully's father," I said glaring at my mother "oh I am sure she didn't know," Nonna said trying to defend my mother. "Actually she did Nonna," Quinton said Nonna looked my mother "yeah Nonna and Mom wants to believe that Kiera is pissed. Because Mom is dating," Alexander added. "Clarissa, I-" before Mom could even finish Nonna had her cane pointed to Mom, who looked scared now "your daughter has never lied to you Sandra," Nonna said. Which she isn't lying I have never lied to my mom only protected her by trying to make sure she never say the truth. Like what I have to hide now from everyone.
Mom looked down to the ground "why can't she just let me be happy," Mom started I knew she was about to start crying. I knew she blamed me for everything wrong in her life. I knew. The doorbell rings and this time Ryan opens it "hey it's Ry-" Ryan closes the door "think they have the ring house," Ryan said. Nonna waked Ryan upside the head with her hand as Mom went to the door opening it. "Come in," Mom said Preston and Mr. Andrews came "I think I will eat dinner at my house," Clara said "I am going to join her," Nick said Fred chuckled nervously as he walked past me carefully "I think I will chaperon them," Fred said.
Orion begins to go to "and I think I should supervise Fred's chaperoning," he said Duke begins to walk by "I shouldn't be here because I'd kill one of your other guests," he said. "We aren't finished yet so I'm not leaving," Tony said glaring at me arms crossed "Tony," Jazzy said nervously grabbing Tony's bicep "I am here for the show," Tyler said sitting on the couch with Matty on his lap. "Kiera," Mom said "this is-" "wonderful to meet you," I said never looking to them as I stared at Tony. "Fine you wanna know," I said he nodded his head "my room will talk then," Tony said we both headed up the stairs. In the distance I heard Jazzy ask "should we be worried about a fight," "most likely," Alexander said. They were silent then Nonna broke it "I will start dinner," her Italian accent strong like always.
I closed my bedroom door behind me and locked it "is our whole friendship a lie," Tony asked me, I rolled my eyes. "I don't tell you one thing and now our whole friendship is a lie," I said followed by a scoff "what the hell did your mom mean by Illegal Fighting," Tony asked as I tossed my bag into closet "what my dad use to do for money," I said in a duh tone of voice as I rolled my eyes again. "Are you serious," Tony asked shocked I huffed before belly flopping onto my bed. I heard Tony sigh "why didn't you tell me, Kier," he asked me "I was afraid you'd snitch me out to my mom," I said my words being slightly muffled by my covers and mattress. "I probably would have," Tony said honestly I rolled onto my back as I rolled my eyes "but you know I wouldn't unless it mattered," he said.
I sighed sitting up "I know Ton," I said "I should have trusted you and told you," Tony smiled as he plopped down next to me. "It's cool," he said I smirked as my memories of what happened between me and Jerry flooded my mind. "There is one more thing Tony," I said he looked to me with a puzzled look on his face "Jerry stopped by to see me," I said Tony stood up fast. "What," he said in shock "sssh," I said shushing him "you have to promise not to tell anyone," I told him "Kiera, your family could be," I shake my head. "No Tony they will be fine," I said "but Jerry only wants to kill you Kiera. Even if that means using your family," Tony said with so much worry for my family's safety.
"I don't think it's my family I have to worry about this time," I said Tony looked to me more confused than ever "what do you mean," he asked me. I sighed "I can protect my family easily because we live under one roof. But it's hard to protect my friends," I said it hit Tony then he looked so shocked and worried as he slowly sunk back down to sit down on my bed. "What do we do," Tony asked me "he gave me three days to hand myself over," I said "no way Kiera," Tony said standing back up in front of me. "He'll kill you," Tony said and I knew that "only after he rapes me," I said slowly looking to up to see anger, shock, and concern flash through Tony's eyes but shock is the expression that stayed on his face.
"That stupid son of a bitch," Tony gritted out with anger as his hands turned to fists "Tony," I said he looked to me. "Jerry isn't patient," I told him "for each day I don't turn myself over to him," God that sounds like I am wanted by the police! "Jerry will become aggressive and take it out on everyone around me," I remind Tony he huffed out in frustration as he sat down in front of me on my floor. "What do we do," Tony asked me "the only thing to do," I said Tony looked to me in shock before he began to shake his head no. "No Kiera," he said I looked to him with such sad eyes and my face showed how sad and hopeless I felt for the first one since my dad's death. "No, no," Tony continued to say "it's the only way Tony," I said "no it's not," a voice said just before my door is opened outside my door is all my friends. Even Preston was standing outside my door with an angry and sad look on his face
"You are not turning yourself over to that creep," Clara said crossing her arms over her chest "even if that means we have to die you down with chains," Jazzy added her hands on her hips. "We can take care of ourselves Kiera," Duke said "yeah," agreed Orion "you need to not worry about other Kiera," Tyler said as he came into my room and sat beside me. "Let people worry about you for once," he said smiling to me, I giggled lightly "no offense or anything. But I can take you guys down with my pinky," I said. "Yes but Jerry isn't you," Duke pointed out I rolled my eyes "duh," I started "but he will hire others to do his no good deeds," I told them.
"Then we need to group up," Fred said offering an idea to everyone "yeah," agreed Jazzy in excitement knowing it be an endless sleepover. "We can take turns sleeping at each other's houses," Fred said "yeah and we make sure no one is ever alone," Clara added smiling as she began to like the idea herself. "Tonight we can sleep here," Orion said "good idea," Duke agreed the two then fist bumped. "We just have one problem," Tyler said everyone looked to Preston "you have to apologize to Kiera and all of us," Tyler told Preston after standing up to his full height again. Preston gritted his teeth and looked around to everyone before signing and giving in. "I am sorry everyone for everything I have down. Especially to you Kiera," Preston said "I can tell you and your mother are in a lot of conflict. Probably because she is dating my dad. But don't judge my dad based on my mistakes," Preston asked of me, you know if he wasn't such an ass or his dad wasn't dating my mom. He'd be hella attractive for how mature he just sounded now.
I stand up everyone watching closely as I walked up to Preston, he studied me probably waiting for me to hit him. Instead I stuck my hand out to him "your forgiven," I said Preston looked to my hand then my eyes to see any signs of trick. When he saw I had nothing planned or this wasn't a trick he slowly took my hand into his. "Truce," I said he nodded his head "true," I nodded my head head then let go of his hand. "Do something wrong and I cut your balls off," I warn Preston, I was hit with a cane immediately following my words. I rubbed my arm and looked to my grandmother. "Dinner is ready," she said walking away "your Nonna scares me," Nick said "what does Nonna even mean," Orion asked "grandma," I said. We all then left my room and headed down for an awkward and tense dinner.