Chapter 10 Talk

I sat on my bed watching as Clara looked over the photos I had hung up by fairy lights that have a clip to hold photos. "Wow you went to France," Clara asked me as she stared at the picture with me and my family in front of the Eiffel Tower. "Lived there for a year and England," I said "that's amazing," Clara said "yeah," I agreed with a sigh. "So what did you need," I asked getting straight to the point "I wanted to thank you," Clara said I looked at her confused.
"The talk you gave me this morning really helped me realize I couldn't just keep bowing down to Tyler," Clara told me, I gave her a small smile "not a problem," I said. "Do you think if I asked your mom... about how she felt when it first all started that she'd tell me," Clara asked me, I thought for a moment "she'd tell you. If you want you can," I tell her. She nodded her head the cast on her nose looked a bit funny on her nervous facial expression.
"Mom," I called as we went downstairs "in the kitchen," she called back to me, we entered it to find her doing some dishes. "Clara wants to ask you something," I told her, she stopped doing the dishes then dried her hands and looked to us. "Keira um told me about your boyfriend from college. And I am going through something similar right now. But I wanted to know how you felt when it first started and how you felt once um. Your husband was there," Clara told my mom, who was smiling softly at her. "Those are good questions," my mom said as she walked her to the living room with me following them.
"The guy I was dating at the time was named Pat Louis. Pat was always picking on kids and I found him a couple of times cheating on me. But he was always somehow convinced me to stay with him. When he broke up with me, I was crushed I had given everything to him. Yet he didn't care one bit about me. He did a lot of things that made sure I was in pain. If he was making out with a girl he'd look right at me right in the eye. He spread lies about me to people. It crushed me more and more. But when my husband came running that's when things changed for me. He would fight anyone who said something horrible about me, and would hold me till I stopped crying. I felt safe and at first looked at him like my friend. But then I realized it wasn't a friends love I felt for him and he felt for me. It was love of two people who wanted to be with each other for the rest of their lives.
"It was amazing and I loved him. He was my savior from the dark. He treated me with respect and never did what Pat did to me," my mom told Clara, Clara began to cry "it gets better Clara it does," my mom told her as she rubbed her back. "Just give it time and find the right one," my mom told her, Clara nodded her head as I smiled softly. Tyler has broken her and controlled her for so long, she was in the darkness. I walked over to Clara and patted her knee she looked to me tears streaming down her face. "You are not alone Clara. Jazzy, Tony, and me will be there for you," I tell her then out of know where she hugs me but I hug her back after my moment of shock.
I hold her and let her cry on me like my dad did for my mom, I saw a tear slip from my mom's eye. I smile at her and she smiles back "Proprio come tuo padre," she said (Proprio come tuo padre= just like your dad) making me smile softly. Dad would be proud of us for sure.