Chapter 54

(Third Person P.O.V.)

~~~Meanwhile, in the secret base~~~

     "Vait a minute. You gave him zhat remote? Vhat does he need it for?"

     "Well, he needs it to summon someone."

     "Who?"

     "Ah dunno, pardner. He didn't mention the name..."

     The Frenchman in a blue tailored suit remained seated in a black leather couch, puffing out a cigarette smoke in the air as his Texan friend sat opposite from him. Both of them were having drinks in their makeshift smoking room while wondering about the boss's plans.

     "I don't know vhat zhat imbecile's up to." The azure-eyed man commented. "But to be honest, I really can't stand him."

     "Same here, Vincent." The southern-accented teammate frowned a little. "And because of him, we can hardly do anythin' freely. Even havin' that pretty doll (Y/N) for ourselves."

     "True." He agreed while playing around with his trusty butterfly knife. "Oh how I really wish zhat belle femme is ours. Not his. Zhat selfish brat. I vant to gut him like a Cornish game hen."

     While the two expressed their hatred for their boss Cameron, a few knocks rang loudly on the door. They both looked over their shoulders.

     "Come in!" The Texan called.

     Their door swung open, and a group of few friends rushed in. The first of them was their Bostonian member. Next one was a hooded man with burned scars present on his face and neck. And the third appeared to be an Aussie with tinted sunglasses. What both the Texan and Frenchman noticed was that those three men had worried expressions on their faces.

     "Guys! Guys! Ya won't believe it!" The youngest teammate exclaimed. "Vincent! Dell! Ya two have to come with us!"

     "Somezhing wrong, Jace?" The suit-cladded man stood up from his seat. "Vhat's going—"

     "No time to explain!" The pyromaniac grabbed his hand, interrupting his question before leading him out the door. "Just follow us!"

     "Whoa! Hold your horses, boys!" Their southern friend followed them. "Can any of ya explain what's goin' on?!"

     "You'll understand when we get there, mate!" The akubra-wearing assassin responded.

~~~Timeskip by Cow Mangler Soldier~~~

     Moments later, the group arrived by certain iron doors, joining other men who were waiting for them. Panting and catching their breaths, the Frenchman and Texan took the time to compose themselves before looking at their other friends.

     "Jane! Mikhail!" The blue-eyed man fixed a bit of his well-combed hair. "May ve know vhy ve're—"

     "Shhh..." The Russian placed a finger on his own lips, signaling to his friend to stay quiet. "Boss might hear you..."

     Remaining silent, the teammates heard muffled voices coming from the other side. Attempting to stay unnoticed, the helmet-cladded American slowly opened a door ajar, only enough for the rest of the group to eavesdrop on the conversation going on in a dimly lit environment. In the room, Cameron and his hooded assistant were sitting together on one side of the table. Opposite from them was a mysterious individual whose face was obscured by the shadows formed by an only ceiling lamp in their area.

     "As you can see," the boss stated while writing plans in his notebook, "we're willing to pay a huge sum if you'll join to assist us."

     "I understand, young sir." A masculine voice was heard as an unknown figure nodded in the dark. "But please, tell me why you're so interested in hiring me?"