Chapter 74

Art by vincenzo-txt!

~~~Timeskip by Flying Guillotine Scout~~~

     "Jou're going to lose!"

     "Try not to be overconfident in yourself, pardner."

     "Vell zhen. Let's stay quiet so ve can focus!"

     "Alright then."

     Final round...FIGHT!

     The second round just finished, resulting in a tie between the support and defense mercenaries. With sweat beads forming on their foreheads, Medic furiously tapped buttons to perform quick fighting combos, while Engie remained calm and did the same in return. The match started to get intense as both of them got their characters down to a little less than half of their HP. At this point, other RED teammates whispered among themselves, discussing about possible outcomes of that gaming rivalry.

     "Hey mate, who do ya think is gonna win?..." Sniper asked Demoman who was sitting next to him. "Oi think booksmarts will beat 'im."

     "Are ya sure 'bout that?" His Scottish friend took a small sip of his scrumpy before continuing. "Toymaker just admitted a while 'go that fightin' games weren't his forte, so I believe that Sawbones will stay victorious in the end."

     "Shh...keep your voices down, gentlemen." Spy reminded them. "For now, let's be patient until Engie and Medic finish zheir game."

     Nodding in agreement, the men resumed observing the match, remaining silent as it went on. A few ice blasts here and a couple flame spears there, both opponents gritted their teeth and locked eyes on the screen, refusing to allow themselves to get bested. However, after one threw in a punch, the other performed a more powerful one which finally brought his enemy's HP down to zero, shocking everyone in the entire room.

     "Nein!!! I lost!!" The German fell down to his knees, astounded by what just occurred. "Jou just started playing zhis game and managed to beat me?!!"

     "Guess Ah got very lucky, pardner." The Texan stated proudly, watching the scene of Scorpion finishing off Sub-Zero on tv. "Now that's what Ah call Engineer Gamin'."

     "Engineer Gaming?!" The doctor shot up from where he knelt in defeat. "No vay! I zhink Medic Gaming is a lot better! I beat the majority of zhis team!"

     "Nope!" Engie disagreed. "Mah gamin' skills are godlike 'cause Ah just beat your ass at mah first attempt!"

     "Zhat's it! I vant a rematch!"

     As the two bickered on, both Soldier and Heavy had to calm them down, and everyone else didn't know what to do but just watch. During the middle of it, the Frenchman gently sat on the edge of my bed where Pyro and I were.

     "How did your date go, mon amour?" He asked while gently stroking my (H/C) hair. "You and Engie didn't run into any trouble, right?"

     "I really don't know what to say, but..." I looked over to get the Texan's attention. "Dell! Can you show him the paper, please?"

     The argument ceased once my voice was heard, and Engie immediately remembered the note his rival gave me. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out that crumpled slip before handing it over to his friend. Spy gently opened it and everyone else gathered around to read the message. That was when concerned looks started to appear on their faces.