Chapter 84

A little sexy time ahead! You have been warned!

     I looked up to my captor with arms still secured around me. Smiling proudly, that French BLU member was cladded in a light dress shirt with a silk tie, a matching set of pinstripe midnight blue vest and pants, and a pair of black polished leather shoes. Completing all of that were a fedora with a satin band resting on his head, and a dark blazer embroidered with a gold snake design on each sleeve. Caressing and cupping my cheek, the enemy started leaning in for a kiss, but I pushed him away.

     "What are you doing here?" I questioned, struggling to be freed from his grip. "And why are you following us?"

     "Aww come on~" He cooed in my ear before nuzzling my cheek. "Aren't you happy to zee me?"

     "More like very displeased to see you." I frowned. "Now answer my question, you ugly blueberry. Why are you following us?"

     "Aww...ma princesse isn't happy to zee me? And I got called ugly? Zhat makes me sad..." Dodging my question, the BLU teammate dramatically clutched his chest, acting as if he got heartbroken. "Vell anyvay, zince zhat imbecile is avay, I have you all to myself...for now."

     "What—"

     That French doppelgänger took my hand and wrapped an arm behind my back, leading me away from the table where I sat earlier. At that point, I feared of what plans he had in mind. That was until he opened a door, guiding me inside the ballroom where slow dance music could be heard in a background. Once we arrived at the dance floor where everyone was having a romantic time with their partners, the BLU enemy lifted my palm and kissed it before pulling my waist closer, forcing me to dance without a possible chance of escape. As much as I wanted to fight him off and disappear from his sight, I didn't want to cause a scene in front of strangers. Few minutes into the slow dance passed by, and the Frenchman rested his forehead against mine, moving up a hand to stroke my (H/C) hair.

     "Listen, ma belle (Y/N). Zhere's a reason vhy I'm here." He had a serious look on his face. "I may be part of the BLU team, but I just vant to protect you."

     "Protect? Excuse me? Protect me from what?" I raised an eyebrow as we danced together. "How can I believe you and the other BLUs? Your friends attempted to kidnap me, fought with the REDs, or even ended up getting drunk or covered in bird crap! No way I'm going to fall for your lies!"

     "Do you zhink I'm lying, (Y/N)? Don't you recall a couple friends of mine who tried to varn you somezhing?"

     Hearing those words, I immediately remembered those incidents that occurred during my dates with certain mercenaries. I first looked back on the day when I encountered Engie's rival...

~~~Flashback~~~

     "Remember this..." Dell stated while playing his banjo. "Ya can always tell a Texan, but ya can't tell 'em much."

     Frowning more, the BLU teammate proceeded down, walking away until he stopped right in front of me. I stepped back a little, fearing whatever he was planning to do while everyone else focused on Engie's banjo performance. Unexpectedly, he reached out his hand, causing me to back up. I tried to stay away from him; but alas, a gasp escaped from my mouth as that Texan snaked an arm around my form, holding me in place. His gloved hand then moved up from my shoulder to my cheek, gently stroking it.

     "There's somethin' Ah gotta tell ya, but now's not the time." He paused to move his face closer to mine. "Ah'll be back again...mah angel."

~~~Hours later~~~

     Engie's performance just finished, and everyone stopped dancing to applaud the Texan for his talent. Placing that flower into my hand, the blue-cladded enemy wrapped his arm around my waist before tilting up my chin.