Chapter 75

Hello! Hope you guys are doing fine! Just some little info for this chapter: (F/D) = favorite drink, (F/P) = favorite pastry. Enjoy!

     Smiling, the German took my hand before we headed downstairs together, passing by other mercenaries hanging around in the kitchen and living room. We were about to reach the garage until certain noises caught our attention.

     "Tweet tweet!"

     "Coo coo!"

     Both of us turned our heads to the direction of those sounds. Flapping their wings, Maxie and Archimedes flew freely to where were stood, resulting in them perching on our shoulders. The cockatiel landed on mine while the dove did the same on Medic's. Due to this, we earned plenty of stares from the remainder of the RED team who got distracted by our pets' sudden flight from their cage. That was when both the support mercenary and I exchanged glances, realizing something.

     "Maxie?" I softly stroked her tail feathers. "You and Archimedes wanna come too?"

     Chirping excitedly, the yellow-crested critter flapped her wings again, nuzzling my cheek with her beak. Noticing this, Medic looked at his snowy white avian that emitted a soft, cooing sound.

     "Vhy Archimedes?" He questioned his loyal pet. "Don't jou zhink it's time to let jour papa enjoy the date vith his lovely Taube?"

     "Heavy thinks it's good idea to let leetle birds join."

     "Huh?"

     The jet black-haired teammate and I turned around to see the Russian who just spoke. Taking a few steps forward, he placed a hand on his best friend's other shoulder, giving a smile and nod of approval.

     "Come on now." The blue-eyed defense mercenary encouraged him. "Heavy noticed that Pigeon Daddy barely spends time with leetle bird. So please, let them tag along."

     "Yeah, Doc!" Scout chimed in. "Have a fun double date with those lovebirds!"

     Roars of laughter erupted from those other REDs, leaving the German fully embarrassed. As this went on, I gently tugged his sleeve, pulling him out of trance. It was at this moment when his icey blue orbs laid on my face, seeing me nod to his friend's suggestion.

     "I honestly think it'll be great to bring our pets, Ludwig." I assured him. "Besides, Heavy's right. At least we can have some bonding time with the birds."

     "I guess so." The doctor eventually agreed to it. "Zay, how can ve do zhis? Vouldn't our birds fly avay since zhey'll be out of the house vith us?"

     "Maxie's tamed, so she wouldn't fly too far from me." I explained as the cockatiel took off to join her lover on Medic's shoulder. "And plus, I have a carrier where they can stay in. Let me go find it."

     I quickly ran to a nearby closet and swung the door open, searching through the stuff one by one. As soon as I pulled out a backpack-like portable box with breathable mesh windows and crossbody strap, I headed for the bird cage with a bottom shelf where food was stored, and filled the built-in bowl with their favorite seeds. I then positioned a couple fingers to my lips, emitting a piercing whistle.

     "Maxie! Archimedes!" I called for them. "Get in here!"

     Obeying my command, both avians took flight simultaneously, racing each other until they both landed into the carrier before I zipped it up. Once ready, I carefully wore its strap across my body before going back to the German.

     "Alright! Let's go now!" I excitedly took his hand before entering the garage with him. "Ready, Ludwig?"

     "Ready, meine Liebe!"