Chapter 38

Gold star for anyone who can find a Disney reference in this chapter!

(Third Person P.O.V.)

~~~Meanwhile, in a secret location~~~

     "So what exactly do you have in mind, Boss?"

     Cameron and his hooded assistant were walking through a dimly lit hallway in a strange, abandoned facility. Basically, they just spent hours brainstorming on how to earn his ex-girlfriend back, and how to give all of the RED mercenaries nothing but hell. Even though some of their henchmen came up with creative ideas, none of them, however, seemed to help pretty much for their leader.

     "Well, I was thinking of luring her into some place where she could get into a vulnerable position." Cameron explained as his fingers combed through his hair. "Once we do it, we can abduct her from there and then imprison her here."

     "You know that's not going to be a breeze..." His assistant reminded him. "Those men watch her like a hawk 24/7, and they're even armed as well."

     "True that." He nodded. "But even our newly hired recruits own weapons too. Don't you think that's enough?"

     "We may have more support on our side, Boss. But I feel we need to do something more than just kidnapping."

     "Like what?"

     "Developing a drink to make (Y/N) lose consciousness? I mean, you have a degree in chemistry, am I correct?"

     Cameron's eyes widened at that suggestion, for he never thought of making a concoction. As he pondered about it for while, his lips curved into a malicious grin.

     "Why, my friend. I honestly never thought of that!" He became excited about that certain idea. "Well then, let's go now!"

     "To where?"

     "To the secret lab!"

     The duo immediately headed over towards the end of an old hallway they were in, then made a turn to the left at a junction. Passing by unopened doors and unused equipment covered in tarp, they eventually reached a particular area where a henchman was guarding some sort of mechanical structure. The man before them stood around five feet and eleven inches tall, sporting a helmet that covered half of his face. Noticing his boss appearing in front of him, he greeted him with a salute and stepped back to place his hand on one of the two side handles.

     "Pull the lever, Jane!"

     Just as the henchman brought it down, a trapdoor instead opened right below Cameron, causing him to fall in.

     "WRONG LEVEEEEEEEER!"

     Both the assistant and the henchman scratched their heads as the boss's voice echoed, until a huge splash was heard from below.

     "Oh..." The man called Jane realized that he was in deep trouble.

     A few minutes later, Cameron, now furious, finally arrived back at a spot where the other two were waiting. As the hooded sidekick and a helmet-cladded man turned their heads, they saw him completely drenched with a couple of blue crabs clinging to his soggy clothes with their pincers.

     "Why do we even have that lever?" Cameron forcefully shook the small crustaceans off his sodden garments, sending them into the air before stomping between the two men. "Get outta my way..."

     And just as he pulled down the right lever, a secret passageway opened before the three headed in, eager to plan something big.

~~~Several hours later, at (Y/N)'s place~~~

(Your P.O.V.)

     "Honeybee?..."

     I immediately woke up as soon as I heard that soft voice. I turned my head to find Engie standing next to my bed. The rest of the mercenaries were already in their slumbers as I gently sat up.

     "Dell? It's like half past midnight. Aren't you sleepy yet?"

     "Ah was actually sleepin' a while ago, darlin'..." He removed his goggles, revealing his tired emerald orbs. "But Ah just had a nightmare."

     "Oh?" I gently climbed out of bed so as not to disturb others. "What was it about?"

     "Those damn BLU's..." He looked away. "They did frightful things to ya. Ah did everythin' Ah could, but..."

     "But what?"

     "Ah was too late to save ya..."

     At that last bit, the Texan showed a bit of sadness in his eyes. Perhaps he got that bad dream since he had been worrying about my safety, and the possibility of running into those guys from that store again. Not wanting him to fret too much, I threw my arms around his form, enveloping him in a warm embrace.

     "Please don't worry about that, Dell." I comforted him. "Besides, you and your friends are all in this together, willing to do anything to keep me out of harm's way. Am I right?"

     Seeing that I was correct, the green-eyed man smiled and returned the hug, holding me in his arms protectively. He rested his head on my shoulder, feeling content and better from that nightmare of his.

     "You're right, sweet pea. Thanks for remindin' me that." He nuzzled my cheek. "Say (Y/N), may Ah cuddle with ya?"

     "Oh?" I looked at him, surprised. "You want me to sleep with you?"

     "Yes please. So that Ah don't get bad dreams again."

     I let out a small giggle and nodded at his request. Engie then took me by the hand and led me to his sleeping bag. Fortunately, it was roomy enough to fit two people. After I slipped into the warm, comfy covers, the Texan joined in and pulled me into his arms. As I yawned and drifted to sleep on his broad chest, the forest green-orbed man sighed dreamily and stroked my soft, (H/C) hair.

     "Sweet dreams, mah sleepin' beauty..."

     And just like that, Engie planted a kiss on my lips. Knowing that he got to cuddle with me, he could assure that he'll no longer get nightmares again.

~~~The next day~~~

     "(Y/N)! Wake up!"

     "Huh?"

     My eyes opened up to a young mercenary who woke up earlier than usual. Scout was pumped up with excitement like a child as he was already wearing a red tank top and swimming trunks.

     "Come on, (Y/N)! Get up! It's gonna be a fun day!"

    "Hudda Hudda!" Pyro already had an inner tube around his form.

     "Alright, guys. I'm getting up."

     I slowly sat up as I yawned and stretched my arms. Grabbing my phone, I checked the time on the screen and noticed that it was seven thirty a.m. All of the mercenaries were already awake, except for Engie who was snoring and had his arm still wrapped around my waist. Giggling at that sight, I softly kissed his forehead which eventually woke him.

     "Good mornin', darlin'..." The Texan smiled as he got up.

     "Morning, sleepy head. No nightmares this time, Dell?"

     "Nope. None of that, sweet pea." He shook his head. "Ah'm happy Ah got a nice rest."

     "That's good to hear." I gave him a hug, which he also did the same in return. "Say, let's get ready for today."

     "Alright, darlin'."

     Engie proceeded to get his belongings ready while I quickly got up to gather all the necessities including a towel, sunscreen, and change of clothes. While everyone couldn't wait to have fun in the sun, I was only concerned about those strangers we encountered in the store. Were the blue cladded men serious when they said that they'll see me again?