*Chapter Thirty Nine* {The Descent}

*I had a lot of fun with this chapter, I hope you guys enjoy it*

Alvina wasn't surprised when she woke up to find both Enzo and Jeremy still dead asleep

Alvina wasn't surprised when she woke up to find both Enzo and Jeremy still dead asleep. She looks up noticing Jeremy's head nuzzled in Enzo's neck with Enzo's head laying against Jeremy's. She snuggles back into Enzo's chest and gently caresses Jeremy's arm. She wanted to stay here, in this moment, forever. However, there's something she needs to do and she needed to do it while she has the chance.

Reluctantly, Alvina untangles herself from her mates and climbs off the bed. She tenses when Enzo's arms instantly searches for her but he remains asleep and snuggles into Jeremy. She relaxes with a small smile. She grabs her phone and quickly takes a picture before getting dressed.

After she's dressed she slips out of the bedroom and then out of the house. Spinning thrice, her fairy form flies into the forest before stopping at the tomb Enzo had been trapped in. The tomb Katherine is still in. Alvina walks towards the tomb while remaining in her fairy form.

"Hello, Alvina," Katherine greets tiredly. It was obvious that the lack of blood and the continuous neck snapping. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" She asks with a small smirk. "Shouldn't you be shacking it with that very handsome Brit?" 

"Oh, I was, make no mistake," Alvina smirks. "I had both him and Jeremy all night," She boasts. Katherine continues to smirk but her eyes are unimpressed.

"Then what are you doing here with little ole me?" She asks tilting her head. "Don't tell me you're here for advice on how to save precious Elena Gilbert,"

"No," Alvina shakes her head with a small laugh. "No, Elena has enough people on her protection detail," This piques her curiosity. 

"Well, you're not here for Elena and I doubt you're here to play Uno with me," Katherine deducts. "What do I have that you want?"

"Your heart," Alvina answers simply. Katherine slowly frowns her eyebrows, her body tensing. "Don't take that the wrong way, I don't want anything romantic to do with you. I'm being quite literal, I want your heart in my hand," She says stepping into the tomb. 

"Is this about the flirting I did with Enzo? I didn't take you for the sensitive type," Katherine says keeping her distance.

"I don't blame you for flirting with Enzo," Alvina shakes her head. "I don't like it, but I don't blame you. No, my beef with you goes a little deeper than flirting. Although, if I'm being completely honest, this is a little bit about the flirting. I'm just petty like that," Alvina shrugs.

"What have I done to you?" Katherine asks. "I've done a lot of things to a lot of people, I don't remember anything against you,"

"Well, let's just say this isn't exactly about me," Alvina says. "There's not a lot of people in this world that I love. The ones that I do you'll find I'm fiercely protective of," Alvina explains. "I have a list, shall I go over them?" She ask rhetorically. She pulls out her phone and going to her notes.