*Chapter Twenty* {Let the Right One In}

"Knock, knock" Alvina says popping her head into Alaric's classroom

"Knock, knock" Alvina says popping her head into Alaric's classroom. Damon instantly grins upon seeing her. He waves her in and she enters the room.

"What is she doing here?" Alaric asks confused.

"Yeah, what's going on?" Alvina asks.

"You're here to help get Stefan back" Damon tells her.

"Stefan's gone?" Alvina frowns her eyebrows.

"Tomb vampires got him, we're getting him back" Damon explains and Alvina shrugs nodding. He turns to Alaric. "She's a fairy, bite lethal to vampires, useful" Alaric glances at Alvina who grins widely and gives him a small wave. "Now that we're all on the same page, Elena" He says turning towards Jeremy's sister.

"Stefan's in the house" Elena explains. "Damon's a vampire. He can't get in. We need one of you two to get in. I wold go, but-"

"But your life is valuable" Damon says. "So is yours" He adds glancing at Alvina.

"Why, thank you" Alvina grins feeling special. He smirks and turns to Alaric.

"Yours on the other hand..." Damon shrugs. He knew Alvina would be able to get into the house without a problem but they didn't know how many vampires they would be dealing with and Damon didn't want Alvina to get stuck on the inside on her own. He wouldn't be able to bare it if something happened to her.

"Stefan told me about your ring" Elena says.

"What about it?" Alaric asks.

"Let me recap" Damon says growing bored with the slow conversation. "You tried to kill me. I defended myself. You died. Then, according too my brother, your ring brought you back to life. Am I leaving anything out?" Damon asks.

"Yeah, the part where I try and kill you again, only this time, I don't miss" Alaric snips and Alvina laughs.

"People have been taking shots at him for decades, good luck" Alvina jokes knowing she wouldn't let the teacher take her best friend from her.

"Mr. Saltzman, please, it's Stefan" Elena stresses.

"I'm sorry, Elena, but it's not my problem"

"That's a shame because the woman in charge of the crowd can help you find your wife" Damon baits.

"Your lying"

"Am I?" Damon taunts. "Why don't you ask her yourself?... Coward. Come on, ladies" 

"Alright, wait! I'll go" Alaric says falling for Damon's bluff. Damon smirks turning back around.

"Teacher by day, vampire hunter by night" Damon says as Alaric lays his weapons on the table.

"I've you to thank for that" Alaric eyes Damon.

Alvina grins and picks up a weapon curiously. Alaric grabs it and sets it back down before she could shoot someone. Alvina pouts and picks up a different weapon only for Alaric to do the same thing. She glares and continues to grab weapons and he continues to take them away and set them down. Damon watches the interaction with extreme amusement.