*Chapter Sixty Four*

"V! Alvina!" Bonnie shouts, smiling widely as she speeds down the hallway. Alvina turns her head in time to see her favorite witch weaving through the crowd of students to get to her.

"Bonnie," Alvina mutters, a smile half the size of Bonnie's spreading across her lips. It may not have been a big smile but it's genuine.

Alvina turns just in time to accept the incoming hug. Bonnie's arms go around Alvina's waist tightening like a boa constrictor. Alvina lowers her head resting it on her friends shoulder.

"I missed you so much," Bonnie whispers. Alvina closes her eyes and holds Bonnie tighter. "I'm happy you're back... I didn't think I was gonna see you so soon,"

"Neither did I," Alvina whispers not wanting to let her go. Bonnie, sensing how much Alvina needed this, added a a soothing backrub to the hug.

"Next time you go on a vacation take me with you," Bonnie says. Alvina's smile begins to widen. She laughs forcing herself to pull away from the witch.

"If that was a vacation then next time you should plan it... not sure I'm the best in that area," Alvina admits, running her fingers through her hair.

"Where's Jeremy?" Bonnie asks, her eyes looking around. Alvina's smile fades. Bonnie's eyes return to Alvina's face. Bonnie looks at her with sympathy. "We've got a few minutes until class, wanna talk?" Alvina stares at her, her eyes going distant for a moment.

"Alright," She nods. Bonnie smiles reminding Alvina to close her locker before leading her toward the outside picnic area. They sat across from each other under the sun. Neither of them said anything for a while. They enjoyed the silence, the warmth of the sun and the warm august breeze.

Until Alvina began to break down. 

Bonnie is quick to slide out from her side of the table to join Alvina. The fairy leans into Bonnie's embrace. She didn't break out into sobs but the tears slipped down her face and her breaths became uneven.

The bell rings but neither of them move. Their first class is with Alaric. Alvina had graduated high school multiple times and if Bonnie wanted a history lesson she had someone better to ask. They knew they wouldn't get in trouble with Alaric.

"I'm thinking Hawaii," Bonnie whispers, resting her chin on top of Alvina's head that's resting on her chest. Alvina smiles and sniffles again. "I wonder if the beaches are as great as they sound,"

"I don't remember the last time I went to a beach," Alvina whispers.

"Neither can I," Bonnie admitted. "Now, where are your mates?" She asks. The small smile on Alvina's face disappears.

"Enzo and Klaus are in the Portland area, Jeremy's either in first period or snuck off to see old stoner friends, MP is who knows where, and I'm sitting on this bench with you," Alvina says, pulling her head from Bonnie's chest. She forces a sarcastic smile before dropping it. "I messed up, Bonnie," She whispers, her eyes lowering to the table.

"Tell me what's going on," Bonnie lightly insists. "Walk me through what you're thinking. It might help," Alvina slowly nods.

"Klaus killed Elena but not really but he didn't know that. So, we kept it a secret from him. When he found out he wasn't happy... in the slightest. It's understandable. He has every right to be angry just like we had the right to keep it from him," Alvina explained a little frantically. "What other choice did we have, Bonnie?" Alvina asks. "If he knew she was alive then he would have killed her again but this time he would have made sure she was dead. He didn't know he needed her at the time for his hybrids, he would have killed her right?" Alvina asks looking at her. "Right?"