*Chapter Twenty Four*

*Skips Bad Moon Rising. This chapter takes place before Memory Lane... I have to say, and I don't feel like this often, but I'm pretty damn proud of and satisfied with this chapter... my computer is being stupid and won't let me download a gif for this chapter so just use your imagination*

"Where are you going?" Damon asks standing just outside the boarding house as Alvina tosses her back into the back of his Camaro in the middle of the night.

"You know where I'm going" Alvina says turning towards him.

"Right..." Damon mutters sighing. He jogs down the steps and away from the house. "Well, I'm coming with you" He says tossing his bag in the car as well. "And I'm driving" He says snatching the keys from her hands. Alvina smirks and jobs onto the other side. "You're a pain in my ass, you know that right?"

"Of course I do" Alvina grins winking at him. "It's what makes me so lovable" Damon rolls his eyes and drives down the street. "Thank you for doing this, for helping me"

"Yeah" Damon grumbles. "What's your plan anyways?" He asks.

"When do plans actually go to plan?" Alvina asks smiling at him sheepishly. "Something unpredictable always happens which just throws the plan off forcing the people in said plan to come up with a new plan that also almost never works and they end up just winging it"

"You have no plan" Damon deadpans.

"Plans are overrated" Alvina shrugs.

"So, you were just gonna take on one of the most dangerous organizations in the world and hope for the best?" Damon asks her. Alvina shrugs nonchalantly. 

"I'm sure everything would have been alright" She tells him. "Besides, I have you" She grins.

"I never told you I was coming," Damon glances at her. "In fact, I specifically remember telling you that I wasn't going to help"

"I know you, Damon" Alvina tells him. "We're a great team, we have been since the beginning. I knew you would give in"

"I wasn't going too" Damon admits. "But then Jeremy admits you thinking about giving yourself to that hunter from a few months back and well, friends don't let friends do stupid shit alone" Alvina grins at him. "Knowing you, like I do, I knew you would try sneaking out in the middle of the night, without Jeremy, and trying to do this on your own, so I've been keeping an eye on you"

"You're the best" Alvina tells him quietly. He smirks and gives her a small shrug. "So, what's your grand plan?" She asks him.

"Augustine is connected to Whitmore college," Damon informed her. 

He had done some research to figure out more about the society after Alvina mentioned wanting to go get her soulmate. He couldn't find a lot of information but with the new information he did find and the memories he had from the 50's, he knew enough to think of a loose plan.

"We find a weak link, they get us in. We find your soulmate and get the hell out" Damon tells her.

"Sounds easy enough" Alvina shrugs. "You've got to be careful," She warns him. "I don't think a lot of vampires have escaped this place, you might be recognized. If not by face then don't give anyone too many hints or information on who you are"

"It's cute that you're worried about me" Damon grins at her. She rolls her eyes. "I'll be fine," He reassures her. "Besides, I've got you" He winks at her. She laughs a bit. "So, did you at least tell Jeremy where you're going or did you just leave?"

"I left him a note" She tells him.

"A note?"

"Yeah" She shrugs. "It was a cute note, I put hearts on it"