*Chapter Sixty One* {The Reckoning}

*I hate this chapter but I hope you enjoy it, lol... I couldn't find a way to make it good.. I feel like it's choppy and weird and not as good as others but I needed these scenes to get to the next ones which will be better! Next chapter will be better, promise!*

"You're back," Rebekah smiles, walking to meet with Stefan. "Finally. Nik and Enzo went to check on the witch,"

Alvina and Jeremy shared a look that goes unnoticed. Rebekah walks right into Stefan's arms and pulls him into a kiss. Alvina and Jeremy return to the loveseat.

"Dreary, isn't it?" Rebekah asks, as Stefan eyes the coffins containing the rest of the Mikaelson's.  "The family cargo,"

"Why don't you undagger them?" He wonders.

"Because he would hunt me down and kill me," Rebekah explains. Stefan growls and tightens his hold around her. Rebekah smiles at him with a lovestruck expression. "He's a vindictive little bastard, my brother,"

"But you still care about him... Why?" Stefan asks.

"Well, I hated him for a long time... It was exhausting," She admits.

"You know, when I met you two, you were both on the run," Stefan brings up. Alvina tightens her hold around Jeremy knowing if Stefan wasn't careful things could escalate.

"Also exhausting,"

"Who were you running from?"

"What do you mean?" Rebekah asks.

"Last night I saw you, there was a man looking for you. You both seemed afraid. I just... I wouldn't think Klaus would be afraid of anybody,"

"No one in this world is truly fearless, Stefan. Not even Niklaus," Rebekah tells him.

"Who was that man?" Stefan presses.

"I can't... Please," Rebekah says, moving away from him. Stefan follows after her. "If Nik knew we were talking about this, he would..."

"Come here," Stefan mutters, reaching for her wrist. She lets him pull her to his chest. He looks into her eyes and sees genuine fear. "I'm sorry," He whispers, brushing his fingers over her cheek to tuck some hair behind her ear. "Forget I asked, ok?"

"He told me about the girl you loved," Rebekah mentions. "The one that died. He also told me that you're only with him because he saved your brother,"

"It's true," Stefan tells her truthfully.

"I think he secretly admires that about you. You'd sacrifice anything for family... Don't tell him I told you that," She whispers with a soft smile.

"Your secret is safe with me," Stefan grins, kissing her forehead.

"Do you think you'll ever love me like you loved that girl?" She whispers, fear setting into her chest. His eyebrows instantly frown.

"My love for her disappeared the instant I remembered you," He says, grabbing her face with both hands. "You're my life, Rebekah. I won't let your brother or anyone else separate us again," He vows before passionately kissing her.

"There's something else, isn't there?" Rebekah asks, when they pull away. Stefan frowns his eyebrows again. "You're hiding something from me, I can feel it,"

"I'm not-" 

Rebekah cuts him off and steps out of his embrace.

"Don't lie," She snarls. "I know you, Stefan... Probably better than yourself," Her arms cross. "We used to tell each other everything and now you're keeping something from me? What is it, Stefan?" She snaps but before he could respond Enzo and Klaus march in.