*Chapter Forty Three* {The House Guest}

"At least he's not mad at us," Alvina whispers, threading her fingers through Jeremy's hair

"At least he's not mad at us," Alvina whispers, threading her fingers through Jeremy's hair. Her mate snuggles closer to her, his head nuzzling into her neck. Enzo, who's laying beside them on his side, places a gentle kiss on Jeremy's sleeping head.

"No, he's just trying to be the silent game's world champion," Enzo grumbles. Alvina smirks a bit.

"It's a lot to take in, he'll talk when he's ready," She whispers, trailing her finger tips down Jeremy's arm while using her fingernails on the opposite hand to massage his head.

"Whoever this Niklaus Mikaelson is, he better be worth all the trouble," Enzo growls. Alvina hums silently. The three of them lay in silence, Jeremy's soft snores being the only sound in the room.

"What are the odds that M.P. is gonna turn out normal and easy?" Alvina wonders. Enzo glances down at his tattooed forearm.

"With our luck, he'll be just as much of a pain in the ass as the rest of us," Enzo mutters. Alvina hums, leaning her head against Jeremy's.

"Out poor baby is gonna have to put up with so much shit," She whispers.

"He definitely drew the short straw to get stuck with us," Enzo comments. Alvina's eyes glance towards him.

"At least his life won't be boring," Alvina whispers. Enzo smiles, extending his arm to rest on hers. Alvina turns her hand up and brushes her fingers against his skin. "I love you... We both do," She tells him.

"And I love you both," Enzo reassures her. His arm slithers around her waist and pulls them both against him, Jeremy squished securely between them. "Now, what?" Enzo growls, hearing a disruption from somewhere in the house. Alvina ignores it until the voices become loud enough for Jeremy to hear. Alvina watches him stir but luckily he continues to sleep.

"Stop it, Katherine!" Stefan shouts, catching Alvina's attention. She briefly wondered when Katherine had escaped the tomb. The shouting continued which annoys Alvina as Jeremy threatens to wake up.

"Oh, for fuck's sakes," Alvina growls, shuffling away from Jeremy but Enzo holds her still.

"Stay with him, I'll go check it out," Enzo says, sliding off the bed. Alvina sighs having wanted to go threaten the others but lets Enzo go handle it.

"We all want the same thing... Klaus dead," Katherine's voice reaches Enzo's ear. Enzo pauses outside the room. "Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off,"

"I don't need your help and I don't want it," Elena argues.

"And that's incredibly stupid of you. Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming, what he looks like?" Katherine questions.

"If you know something, say it or get out," Damon demands.

"Fine," Katherine sighs. "Then I'll just go to the Grill and have some lunch... Maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite," Katherine smirks walking out of the room and right into Enzo's chest.