*Chapter Forty Seven*

*Picture and gif is what Alvina will be wearing to the dance. I imagine Alvina a bit fuller, a little curvier than Margot Robbie but imagine her however you wish! It's from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood [Fucking love that movie ngl]... Also, I don't remember if I wrote it or not or if it was implied or not (it's almost 2:30 AM, give me a break, lol) but Alvina knows that the curse isn't the Sun and Moon Curse but a curse specifically placed on Klaus to lock his werewolf side. Not sure if that revelation has been made yet but with her formal relationship with Elijah, he's told her at some point. It's just a known fact now, just go with it.*

"At last

"At last... My love has come along... My lonely days are over... And life is like a song..."

The beautiful voice of Etta James sings through the small radio perched on the kitchen table. The house is dimming as the light from the sun begins to disappear below the horizon. Little Alvina peaks over the back of a couch spying on her parents swaying together in the kitchen.

Her father looks significantly older than her mother, despite all of them knowing he is technically the younger one, but age didn't matter to them. They still held each other close, tenderly as if they were the only ones in the world. Her head is nuzzled comfortably in the crook of his neck as his lips brush against her ear as he sings along with sweet Etta James.

Alvina sighs quietly as she watches them hoping that someday she'll have a love like theirs.

"Where'd you go?" Enzo whispers, snacking his arms around her waist. Alvina blinks a few times as she comes out of her memory. She smiles at her mate, leaning back into his chest.

"My mother was mated to a human," She tells him, her fingers gently gliding over his exposed forearms. He hums, moving his head to make eye contact with her through the mirror. "They were so in love it was impossible not to see, they were perfect for each other. It was never hard for them, everything seemed to come... naturally,"

"Hey, we'll get there, darling," Enzo promises, kissing the side of her head. "I know it's hard to see now but we'll get through this and come out better than we were,"

Enzo's hands grip her hips and turn her to face him. Alvina's hands press against his chest, their eyes reconnecting. Enzo can see the conflict in her eyes, can sense how busy her head was getting.

"When I was in Augustine I could never see a future for myself. I was going to spend the rest of my life in that cells and in their labs until they were finished with me. Now I'm here, standing with my beautiful mate with a promising bright future,"

Alvina smiles, her hands sliding up to each side of his face. His hands follow hers, gently cupping the back of them. She smiles, her heart fluttering when his head turns slightly inward to kiss her palm. His thumb gently rubs her skin before he guides her arms around his neck, his hands returning to her hips.