37

I started off with downtown L.A, walking around the street that the cafe was on. I was able to go into a bunch of boutiques with L'blanc since he had to follow me everywhere. I had gotten used to having a shadow the last year or so that I had been with Grey.

    Of course, every store I went into people stared at me, wondering why a man in a suit that never spoke to me just followed me around carrying my bags. I got a few questions like was I famous, or an actress or something along those lines. I just shook my head and went about my day.

    After about 10 different stores and 10 different bags that L'blanc and I were both carrying at this point we were heading back to the car to find a place to go to lunch. It was already 1 pm, and i was hungry again no doubt L'blanc was, I wasn't sure he had gotten breakfast.

    "So where do you wanna go?" I asked him as I climbed into the backseat.

    "If you are up for it, theres this little sub place not to far from here I saw earlier. Do you mind sandwiches?"

    "Sandwiches sound great!" I agreed as we took off. That was the most he had said to me so far. I don't think he was accustomed to me, not like Seth was.

    We pulled in and L'blanc grabbed the door for me to slide out. Once we had our food we were sitting in a booth by the window as we ate silently, though I couldn't stand the silence anymore.

    "So, do you like your job?" I asked as he broke out into a smile at my questions.

    "no offense Miss Winters, but I don't think I am at liberty to talk to you about that, besides, even if I didn't I wouldn't tell you." He had a point.

    "Okay fine, what do you do for fun?" I asked and he shrugged.

    "I hang out with friends mostly, go to a few bars, that sort of thing."

    "How old are you?" It had never occurred to me to ask.

    "27, I will be 28 in a few months" I nodded, taking a bite of my food and drinking before asking my next question. Would Dylan be okay dating a 27 year old? They were both 21.

    "So, before this what did you do? Did you go to college?" I asked as he raised his eyebrows and nodded.

    "Yeah, I graduated in two years with a Bachelors, I had begun taking college courses when I was in high school cause I was always bored. I was kind of a smart kid I suppose. After college I was recruited for the FBI, pretty quickly actually, one of their youngest recruits. I did that for almost 7 years before I decided that It wasn't the life for me so, I backed out."

    "Wait, what! You were in the FBI and you just backed out?" Why would he quit that job for this one? "Doesn't this seem kind of like a downgrade?"

    "Oh no." He shook his head reassuringly. "I wanted to settle down, start a family, fall in love, all that jazz. And I didn't want the risk of bringing my work home with me to the family in case anything went sideways. Mr. Thomas is a good person, his life seems to be interesting enough and while this isn't as active as my last job, its just as great with everything like benefits and it gives me the chance to be a real person instead of an agent."

    I suppose he had a point.

    "Speaking of settling down." I said grinning as he laughed. L'blanc was an attractive guy, tall, fit, dark hair and nice eyes. Had nothing on Grey but I could see them being friends outside of work.

    "okay, who is she?"

    "Her name is Dylan, she's a twin and my best friend." I explained excitedly as I pulled out my phone to pull up pictures. "She's been single forever because she has terrible taste in men, but I do no. Therefore If I like you, you're good and that'll be good for her." Was this all in her benefit, yes, was she going to be mad that I'm trying to set her up? No, she has seen him several times and she thinks he's cute. "And she already thinks your cute." I threw in like icing on a cake.

    I slide my phone over to him as he rolled his eyes smiling but looked at the photo. "She wants your number, can I give it to her?" I asked as he laughed again.

    "Sure, you can give her my number." Score! I threw my fist in the air dramatically as he laughed.

    His smile was contagious, however I now had to text my best friend and tell her the good news. We piled back into the car as I gave him the address of the next place I wanted to go to. I pulled his number out of my cell and messaged it to Dylan telling her that I showed him a picture of her and he liked her and that they needed to chat.

    It took her no time to respond with an exclamation point and nothing else. I heard his phone ding a second later. I immediately shifted so I could see his face in the mirror as he smirked to himself, this was going to go well.

     we hit a few more spots before I knew it, it was 4:30 and if we dint leave now Grey was going to beat us back to the Hotel.

    We took of in the direction of the Hotel. I was sitting in front now that way i could play with the radio and the Aux chord. I was playing some pop song and singing along to it at the top of my lungs as L'blanc just smiled and shook his head in the drivers seat. We were going to good friends, I could tell.

    It wasn't flirting, I had questioned myself a few times throughout the day, making sure i didn't cross any lines like touch him. I didn't want to give him the wrong idea and I definitely didn't want to do that to Grey.

    We pulled into the front of the hotel and I jumped out as he went to park. I raced towards the elevator, knowing Grey was probably already upstairs getting dressed. Entering the hotel room, I saw him sitting in the living area on one of the couches dressed in sweats and a T.

    I grinned when i saw him, realizing how much I missed him. It had only been the day but spending it with L'blanc made me realize how much I wanted to spend time with Grey. We needed to go out on a date soon, just us.

    With no one else in the room besides us, I set my purse down and walked over to Grey who was playing on his phone. "Hey Babe, how was you're-" I cut him off, climbing on top of him so i was straddling him and pulling his face into mine.

He reacted immediately, dropping his cell and wrapping his arms around my waist. I dropped my hands from his face and wrapped them around his neck as he stood up, lifting me with him.

Our lips moved in sync as he carried me into the bedroom, closing the door behind us.

~~

We were laying in bed with the sheet slewn over us as we talked. I was playing with his fingers with my head on his chest. "Were going to be late for dinner if we dont start  getting ready soon." Grey said and I shrugged.

"We will be fine, we have plenty of time."

"You never actually seem concerned with time, you used to always be so on that." He joked as I grinned. I rolled over, propping up myself on my elbows.

"Maybe its because I have you in my bed." I liked where we were at right now I wasnt super eager to leave. Grey grinned, grabbing my chin lightly and pulling me forward as he kissed me.

"I love you Amara."

"I love you too Grey."  I grinned, leaning in and kissing him again.

We sat for another few seconds before he sighed and nodded, "Okay we really need to get dressed for dinner."

"Fine." I groaned.
_________________