Chapter 49

Delta and Dylan were late. They were traveling together since Delta stayed with Dylan last night so they were almost here but they were running behind. Seth, Jarak and Le'blanc were the next to arrive. 

"I don't know where she is Amara." Jarak said as I harassed him about Deltas location. I have been the only girl here for way to long. The guys insisted on putting on some game while we waited for the girls, they were sitting in the livingroom with beer watching football while I suffered through.

Of course, Dakota loved football. I was in the kitchen, checking my phone and grabbing a couple more beers for the guys and Dakota.

"Hey baby!" Grey called in. "Can you grab some snacks?" 

"Sure thing." I shouted back, balancing a bowl of chips now as I headed back into the living room. 

Grey was sitting on the end of the couch with Jarak on the other side and Dakota in the middle of them while Le'blanc and Seth were on the other couch. "Who are we playing?" I asked as I passed out beer and set the chips on the coffee table.

Seth said some team names that I didn't really know but went with anyways. "Great, which color are we rooting for?" I asked as they just laughed at me.

"Not a huge fan of football." Grey teased as I sneered at him but grinned anyways. I wasn't super comfortable with the level of closeness of Dakota and Grey right now. Worse thing was that I am sure he didn't even notice. 

"We are here!" I heard Dylan yell as the front door swung open. 

"Oh thank god." I sighed out loud, which made the guys laugh louder. I all but ran into the kitchen where Delta and Dylan were setting down their bottles of alcohol that they had brought with them. "Oh, are we drinking tonight?" I asked and they gave me an incredulous look.

"Um, of course we are." Dylan said like it wasn't even a question. They said unloading their bag of mixers. 

"Thought this was a party?" Delta said with a grin. 

"Oh." We heard Dakota's voice and turned around. She was standing by the corner looking at us. "I didn't know we were drinking." 

Delta and Dylan looked at me when they saw her. I forgot to tell them she was coming tonight. Not forgot I suppose, I just purposely didn't mention it. 

"Yeah, it seems fitting at this point." Dylan said, her voice immediately dropping as she spoke to Dakota. Dakota left, hearing her voice and I walked over to the island.

"Sorry, I thought you might not come if you knew she was going to be here. She sorts of invited herself." I shrugged. 

"We would have totally still come. She is just. I don't know it seems like she fights too much for your attention." Delta said. 

"She doesn't like us." Dakota always did seem like she was friends with us mainly for me. I remember when I used to think she was great. I wanted to be close friends with her, at this point though I didn't really want to associate with her.

"I am not trying to be mean. I swear." I shrugged. I felt like a mean girl all of a sudden. 

"Is he here?" Dylan asked in a hushed tone. I nodded, grinning. She was informed of my plans tonight and I think L'blanc knew anyways. 

"In the living room." She grinned back, grabbing my hands and squeezing them. 

"Lets make a drink first." She giggled.

"OKay the guys have beer. So they are fine."

"And Dakota?" Delta asked.

"One of the guys apparently." I said with an irritated tone. They both just giggled at me and we poured ourselves a drink.