Chapter 34

I was still awake when Grey got home. I meant to stay up but I wasn't sure if I was actually going to be able to, I was so tired. However, when the front door opened and Grey walked in with L'blanc behind him, I was perched on the island, doing homework still.

     I had gotten the last assignment turned in thirty minutes late but hey, it was in I suppose. Now I was working on something that wasn't due til Wednesday.

      Grey looked at me and gave me an exhausted smile. "Hey baby." He sighed, running his hands through his hair.

    "Hey." I smiled back, setting my laptop to the side as I opened my arms. He walked over and hugged me, pulling me almost off the island as I wrapped my legs around his torso and squeezed. "Long flight?" I asked and he nodded.

      "I am so exhausted." Grey rested his head against my chest and I smiled, running my fingers lightly through his hair.

    L'blanc had grabbed Grey's bags and was taking them to the bedroom before he came back out. "Mr. Thomas, do you need anything else from me tonight?" He asked and Grey sighed. He stood up straight and turned around as I let him go.

    "not tonight L'blanc, thank you. I will call if I need you again within the next two week, otherwise I will see you in two weeks." L'blanc nodded at us before heading towards the door.

    Grey turned back to me and smiled softly. "Can we please go to bed?" I nodded, sleeping without Grey was getting easier but I didnt like it either way.

    I closed my laptop and slid off the counter as we headed towards the bedroom.

~~

    I pulled the blouse over my head as i finished getting dressed. I had managed to convince Grey to sleep in this morning but only until ten when he decided that we had to go into the office today no matter what. He had work he had to get done and I didn't want to stay here alone. I had finished a lot of my work for today I just had to finish the assignment I was working on last night.

    I had dressed in black leggings, riding boots, and a soft pink blouse that I was going to pair with a tan blazer for the day. My hair was up so it was out of my face and I was ready to go for the day.

    Grey was getting breakfast ready so that we could eat before we left. I made sure I had my bag before heading into the kitchen. "Here." Grey slid a plate to me on the island as I sat down. "You look good today." He smiled at me, pulling bit bottom lip into his mouth and biting it.

     I grinned, shaking my head. "I always look good."

    "Of course you do." Grey chuckled sitting down next to me as we eat in peace. He talked a bit about what he was doing at work today and how the weekend went. They had finished blueprints for the building and decided on where they wanted it, now it was a matter of securing permits and buying the land. Grey was hoping he could get both of those done over the next two weeks that way when they go back he can begin working with the construction company.

    "Its a really good opportunity, I'm really glad that we are able to get it started to early." I nodded along, not having much to put into the conversation because I wasn't able to go this weekend since I had assignments.

    "sounds great, I'm glad its all going so well." I really was, he was really happy about it, exhausted, but really excited.

    "Yep, what are you doing for the next trip, do you wanna come with me?" I thought about it for a moment. I didn't think I had anything that weekend, i could probably come with.

    "Yes please." I decided as he smiled. He liked it when I accompanied him on the trips, and i didn't really like being away from him for the entire weekend alone in a flat so it worked out.