Chapter 43

We had decided to keep the engagement a secret for now. Just until everything blew over with the investigation and Rae still being out there.

    Waking up the next morning, I rolled over and looked at Grey. My fiancée. I grinned at the idea, he was mine now, officially and forever. Stuck with me, like glue.

    I thought about Laken and Beverly out in the other room and thought about what Laken would say, about me basically proposing at a therapy session and I imaged the jokes he would forever make once he finds out.

    No, it wasnt exactly how I had always imagined my proposal going but it was perfect in exactly the way I had needed it to be. It was right.

    I rolled out of bed and got dressed, coming out in Jeans and. T-shirt, it was only 7 am by the time I was done. Grey still hadn't waken up yet so I crept into the living room and kitchen where I had imagined Beverly and Laken were. Sure enough, Laken was sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee in his hands. I smiled as I headed to the microwave to see a cup of tea sitting, still hot, waiting for me.

    "Beverly not up yet?" I asked, walking in with my tea and sitting down next to him. He had the news on and they were broadcasting the break in still. Giving updates from the cops involved and their suspicion that it was related to the TI break ins but that they have no leads.

    "Not yet. This is cozy though don't you think. Same routine, different place." I laughed as I moved around to get more comfortable.

    "Different TV story though." I joked as he shrugged, brining the coffee to his lips

    "Still about you."

    "Everything is about me."

    "I was thinking the world seemed a little more dramatic than it usually does." Laken teased as I laughed and shoved him. I had missed our morning routines together, waking up to this everyday. Granted, my mornings were usually a bit better but this was nostalgic almost.

    "So, what is on the roster for today?"

    "Well, probably work. It is Tuesday." Laken noted. I had forgotten that our weekend was over. Ruled by the trip and then the unsettling events from Sunday night.

    "Yeah that is true Do you think you guys will actually go?" I asked. Grey had gotten them both the day off yesterday, that didn't mean today.

    "I think I will go. Keep things floating. Grey can work from home if he needs to I suppose." Laken shrugged.

    It was still early anyways. They didn't have to be at the office until almost 8.

    We sat there, drinking and watching the new in silence until we heard footsteps down the hall. Grey appeared from our bedroom in Pajama pants and a white T shirt. I didn't think he was going into work today.

    "Good Morning beautiful." He said softly as he bent over and kissed my head, moving to sit next to me. I smiled and climbed up, sitting on one side of him and putting my legs over his, making sure not to spill my tea.

    "Good Morning." I smiled.

    "Yep, gonna have to go home soon, this is weird." Laken said, not bothering to look at us.

    "Why is this weird? You know we are dating." I teased as he looked at us. "You have been around us before. Have you not?'

    "Its a work day. He isn't Grey anymore he is Mr. Thomas. Week days are different from weekends." Laken said standing up and leaving the room in all seriousness. As soon as he left Grey and I both started laughing.