Chapter 46

The next few days seemed to fly by, before we knew it, it was Friday.  The incident became something we didn't really talk about, Grey was afraid of sending me back into a spiral I suppose. We were both home this weekend which was nice since neither one of us wanted to be away from each other for an extended period of time. 

We had decided to not let the press know about the engagement until something in our lives settled, we needed some sort of stable house before we decided on anything for the wedding which was going to be a ways away as it was.

Grey was just getting off work when I get home. I was running errands with Seth all day, groceries and other things that Grey had mentioned wanting to get done. With the every other weekend trips to California it was hard to get somethings done.

"Amara I'm home." I heard my name from down the hall. I had just finished putting away laundry.

"I'm in the closet!" I shouted back so he could hear me.

"And right after our engagement, man you should have told me sooner." Grey joked coming around the corner and leaning again the doorframe. "I wouldn't have bought the ring." He smirked.

"Ha ha." I glared, rolling my eyes at him as he chuckled. He grabbed one of my arms and pulled me into him, tilting my face up to kiss him gently.

"How was your day?"

"It was good. Not to eventful which is what we go for now a days."

"Sad but true." he shrugged. I pushed past him a bit to make it out of our bedroom and into the hallway towards the living room.

"Speaking of uneventful news, have you heard anything from the cops yet? Its been silent for a while? Haven't heard from Rae or anyone." It was starting to feel like we had just made the entire thing up. But we hadn't, we had footage and everything.

"Nothing yet, its been a while though. Maybe that was just a spur of the moment thing and she's going to leave us alone." Grey was shooting for a long shot. Personally I think Rae and the guy that broke into my bothers house were connected. However we also hadn't heard anything from the cops about him yet either.

I was still going back and forth on the whole Michael thing, I knew he was dead. I saw his body but for some reason my mind didn't want to connect the dots on that one. Either way, my therapist says its just my minds way of giving me a scapegoat, that eventually i would come to terms with it.

I didnt think I would.

"We should get a cat."  Grey said suddenly out of nowhere. I stopped what I was doing which wasn't much, just putting groceries away, and looked over at him.

"Why?" I asked, frowning. We had never discussed animals, I wasn't even sure if Grey was an animal person.

"I think it would be good. Give you something to play with while I am away, something to take care of. Animals are supposed to be like a good emotional support thing. I don't think a fish would be good and a dog would be a bit much."

"Do you even like cats?"

"I like animals, sure. I had a dog growing up. I loved it." Grey moved around to the island, taking a seat on one of the barstools as he spoke. Why was he bringing this up now. It was probably to do with the break in, he didn't want me to worry about being alone.

"Cats smell, and you have to clean their litter box." It wasn't that I wasn't an animal person, I loved the idea of Pets, I just didn't want one of my own. "Besides your gone a lot like you mentioned, and then it would just become mine." I shrugged.

"So thats a no on the cat?"

"Lets table it for awhile until something settles." I didn't want to tell him no, what if he really wanted one? Then I would feel bad cause this is kind of his space that I have already infiltrated.