Chapter 35

Before I knew it Friday had arrived. It had been a quick week, nothing eventful had really happened. Our plane was taking off at 8 pm at the Ohare airport and i was still packing. We had gotten home early today instead of staying late like Grey usually did on Fridays to get extra work done before he left for the weekend.

However with me going, we needed to get a few more things in check before we were whisked away. I understood that Grey would be gone for most of the day and that I was going to have to be alone while he worked but I figured that gave me time to walk through downtown L.A.

"hey are you almost ready?" Grey asked, sticking his head into the bedroom. He was already packed with his things in the car, dressed and everything. Meanwhile, I was standing in shorts and a tank top in the middle of winter holding up a dress deciding if I was going to need it. L.A would be hot, that gave an entire different wardrobe. "What are you packing?"

"A sundress?" I asked, looking over as he chuckled and walked int the room fully. He was wearing sweats and. T-shirt, insisting that flying in a suit was uncomfortable, which I didn't disagree with. I just didnt know what I was going to wear.

"how hot do you think it's going to be? Believe it or not, its probably going to be about 50 or 60 over there. Which granted, is still better than the 30 degrees it is here but still, I dont think you are going to need a sundress. Pick comfy clothes a few nice outfits for dinners. We are coming home Sunday."

"I know, I know." I sighed, tossing the sundress on the other side of the kIng sized bed. Grey Chucked again and kissed my cheek. Smiling I went into the closet and pulled out leggings and a bunch of different tops that were cute but comfy.

Shoving them in the suitcase I looked at Grey. "You have your phone charge, laptop, laptop charger?" I asked and he nodded. "Shower supplies, towels?"  He nodded again, raising his eyebrows and smirking at me as I ran through the list I spent a good portion of my day making, instead of doing my assignments. "Okay but what about-"

"Amara, I do this every other weekend. I have everything, trust me. The important thing is do you have everything?" I pressed my lips together and looked at the ceiling. I think I got it all in my bag.

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"No." I nodded, turning around on my heels and pulling things back out of my bag as I went through my checklist mentally again.

"Oh my god." Grey sighed but laughed, running his fingers through his hair. He was glad I was going, regardless of how much of a pain in the ass I was being currently.

Once I was sure that we had everything I zipped the bag and headed towards the kitchen. L'blanc was sitting on the island stool with a bottle of water and keys in his hand. Grey was next to him, playing on his phone and not paying attention.

"Miss Winters." L'blanc noticed me first. He stood up and walked over to me to take my bag. I let him as Grey stood up as well.

"We are late."

"Plane doesn't leave til 8, we have plenty of time." I shrugged it off looking at the clock that said 7 on it. We could make it. I think

We piled into the car and L'blanc started it up, pulling out of the garage. Grey put his phone away and put his arm around my shoulders as I leaned in to him, glad that I was going with him this weekend instead of staying home.

"Hey L'blanc." I chirped up, remembering something. "Are you single?"  Grey frowned at me, and then raised his eyebrows looking towards the drivers seat, wondering what I was up to.

I saw L'blancs eyes meet mine in the rear view mirror as he smirked. "Why do you ask Miss Winters?"

"Wondering if we could get a cool little three person thing going here since we are all going away together for the weekend." I grinned sitting up straight. Grey rolled his eyes and pulled me backwards into him again. I slid my hand up to lock my fingers with the arm that was around my shoulders, grinning to myself.

L'blancs face went straight, and then morphed into a face of pure shock, not sure what to do. I thought it was hilarious.

"Excuse her L'blanc. She's not as funny as she thinks she is." Grey jumped in before I could say something else. He smiled to himself though, enjoying my humor as he looked at me, shaking his head. "What are you up to?"

"Creating a love story." I said quickly before turning my attention back to our diver. "So is that a yes?" I asked, loudly so he could hear me.

"Yes, Ma'me. I am single." He was very professional. Not sure how Dylan would take that.

"great, because I have this friend-" Grey cut me off by putting his hand over my mouth. I frowned immediately, turning to face him and I giving him a what-the-hell look with my eyes.

"Ignore her please." Grey pitched back towards the front of the car and then turned his attention to me. "Darling, could you please stop trying to set up all of my employees with your friends?"  I raised my eyebrows as he removed his hand.

"I dont know what you're talking about." I played dumb, facing the front of the car again.

"Cecilia and Seth?"

"Complete coincidence, how was I supposed to know they would hit it off so well?"

"mhm, sure." Grey just went with it. Smiling to himself.

~~

We got through security faster than I thought we would. I was correct saying that we would make it, however, we did get there as they were boarding. grey had gotten us first class tickets so that we had more room and the flight didnt seem so long.

Once the plane had landed we hung out for a moment at the airport while our transportation arrived. Grey apparently bought a car over in L.A for his use while he was there. It was brought to us when we landed by someone he hired for the building. Was he originally supposed to be a body guard, no, and he wasnt still, he was just running the errand of bringing us the car I guess. this was normal for Grey, this was new to me.

Once loaded into the car Grey gave the address to the resort we were staying in while in town, I'm assuming it was the one he always stayed at.

"Olivia is going to be meeting us in the morning, I figured we could all go get breakfast together so you could officially meet her. It wouldn't be a business thing, just casual." Grey announced when we got to the resort.

The place was beautiful, mostly made of marble, chandeliers in practically every lobby. Our room was huge as well, it was a suite with a living area, small kitchen and a bedroom. Basically the size of a small apartment just really nice. We also had a balcony that showed the L.A skyline.

I was excited to see it tomorrow since everything was dark tonight. I nodded, tired, as I set my suitcase down.

"Do you want to go to sleep or do you want to stay awake for a bit?" Grey asked. He was on the other side of the room, already unpacking his clothes it the drawers. It was habit I suppose, I wasn't going to unpack everything just to pack it up again Sunday.

"Um, you choose." I groaned as I laid on the bed, grey laughing lightly to himself as I did.

"Bed I suppose huh?" I nodded, closing my eyes already. I heard Grey close the drawer and then the covers being pulled back.

"Im not tired yet so I am going to watch tv while we go to sleep okay?" It wasnt really a question so much more of a, I'm-doing-this kinda thing, which was totally fine by me.

"Okay just stay with me." I didn't like sleeping alone and it was more difficult than I had liked to admit when he was gone. He just chuckled and nodded.

I sat up straight and pulled off the hoodie I had put on before departure and my shorts leaving me in underwear and my tank top. Grey stripped down to a T shirt and boxers as he climbed into bed.

I heard the T.V turn on as I rolled over and moved closer to him, naturally adjusting as he wrapped an arm around me.

It took absolutely no time at all before I was asleep.
____________
Here ya go