Chapter 44

I did not imagine that it would take me two hours to get ready. But here I was, standing in front of my closet staring at the pile of clothes that I had been trying on for an hour. I had showered and done my hair and makeup as Jarak had informed me that this was a dress up occasion and he insisted on taking pictures and sending each one to Delta to make sure the event I was going to was dress appropriate. So far, they had hated everything I tried on.

I loved my first option which was a red dress that had a sweetheart neckline and was tight around the waist but fell in waves cascading down to my feet. It was more of a dress for a formal event but I thought that was what we were going for. I had matched it with red lipstick and black heels but Jarak insisted that was so dressed up.

I had been dressed up, dressed down, in jeans, t-shirts, skirts, dresses, cocktail dresses. I had nothing else to show off at this point.

I stepped out in a pencil skirt that was a light pink color, nude heels, and a white blouse that I had tucked in a bit but pulled out. It was work appropriate like I was going to the office but cute enough for dinner somewhere. "Yes?" I asked, doing a twirl in front of Jarak, who was now laying on our king size bed with his shoes off, playing on his phone, to even looking at me.

"Nope, hate it." He said without even glancing at me. I stared at him for a moment, getting angry, and then exploded.

"That's it, just ask her what I need to wear and then you go into my closet which is now destroyed and you pick something else out. Its been two hours Jarak. Delta must hate getting dressed in front of you." I was angry, this was a waste of time, and at this point the sun had gone down and I was tired of playing this game.

"Maybe you're just not trying hard enough. Maybe this is why you had to propose to Grey and not the other way around." Jarak smirked at me. I felt my blood boil under my skin as I clenched my fist and narrowed my eyes at him. Pulling off my heels I stormed over to the bed as he looked at me.

"That's it!" I yelled. I threw my shoe at him as he looked up just in time to dodge it. I went after another heel as I began yelling. "You judge mental, annoying, son of a B-" I was yelling profanities at him and hitting him with shoes, pillows, anything that I could grab as he laughed, trying to dodge me.

He looked down at his phone as it went off and then looked at me with the biggest grin. I wanted to smack it right off his smug little face. "You must be feisty in bed huh?'

"I am going to murder you." I threatened in a cool tone that would make anyone's skin crawl. I was about ready to pounce on the bed after him when he put his hands up and laughed, holding me back on the floor.

"I am kidding, I had to distract you for a bit. Honestly the red dress at the beginning was perfect, you just got ready to fast." I stoped hitting him and backed up, staring at him in disbelief.

"You son of a bitch!" I yelled, hitting him again once more with a pillow. He just laughed again catching it. I turned around and headed back to the closet to put on my first choice again and then turned around, having an idea.

"Hey you know," I stopped as he looked up to me. "Grey and I have sex on that bed, and we dont clean the sheets as often as we should. Just thought you should know your sitting on that." I smirked. His face twisted into one of disgust as he jumped off the bed.

"ugh, why would you tell me that. I was happy being blissfully unaware."

"What you think we don't have sex?" I teased, smirking at him.

"I obviously know you have sex, we talk about it we are guys. I just don't acknowledge you do it on things I sit on." he groaned as he stood up again.