Chapter 39

The rest of dinner seemed to go pretty smoothly. Sybil still was a little to direct at Grey for my liking but i had accepted that it wasn't going to affect our relationship at all and that I didn't need to worry about him. I trusted Grey, I knew I did, it just still sucked seeing other females flirt with him right in front of my face.

   Before I knew it we were back on a plane heading to Chicago. I hated leaving the warmth but I missed Laken and the twins so I was excited to go home. It was only one weekend but I got so used to seeing them everyday.

L'blanc dropped us off at the flat and I took our bags to our room to do laundry. "Hey do you want dinner?" Grey shouted from the kitchen. It was late Sunday night, probably around 9.

"No, I am good. Thank you though!" I shouted back, tossing the clothes into the laundry basket before taking them down the hall.

"Okay I am heating up leftovers." I heard the microwave begin to turn on. I came back out and Grey was sitting on the island with a bowl of pasta in his hands.  "You're missing out, this is way better than airplane food." He smiled as he put the fork in his mouth.

"I know, they are my leftovers." I laughed, shaking my head. "I am just tired. I think I am going to go to bed, join me when you are done?"

"No stay up with me." He pouted. he kicked his legs out and used them to drag me closer.

"How do you travel in a suit? That's gotta be uncomfy." I laughed while undoing his tie.

He gave me a look and dropped his moth open, setting the bowl to the side. "Miss Winters, are you trying to undress me?"

"Maybe," I grinned, scrunching my nose up. He chuckled and looped his fingers through my belt loops pulling me closer til I was pressed against him.

I had just barely kissed him when his phone went off. Groaning he pulled away and pulled out his cellphone. "I have to take this, its Laken?" He asked looking down at his phone confused. "Grey Thomas." He answered the phone.

I watched his face morph from annoyed that we were interrupted to a pissed face. I could tell something was wrong, but I knew it was bad when he motioned for me to back up so he could jump down. he fixed his tie while using his shoulders to keep the phone to his ear.

"I can be there in ten." Looks like Grey was making a late night trip to the office. "Yeah, I dont know she's tired I might just let her stay here and sleep."

"I can come." I responded without realizing. I knew they were talking about me. And I was tired but i was also  not about to stay here alone with something happening at the office.

"Yeah thats true, its on the way." Why were they discussing me like I was a child?  "I will be there in ten."

Grey hung up the phone and sighed. "What's going on?"

"Someone broke in to TI a few hours ago and stole the blueprints for the upcoming product launch. I have to get over there and go over security cameras with the cops and Laken. I am going to drop you off at your brothers to hang out with Beverly and get some sleep, this could take a few hours."  I nodded, I wanted to go but i was tired and did not want to spend a few hours at the office watching security footage.

"Was there any damage?" I asked, hoping no one got hurt during the break in. Grey frowned but shook his head almost confused.

"No, it was almost like they had access. They fucked up tho cause they set off the silent alarm on their way out. I didnt get the notification because i was on the plane. So I have to go sort things out, get it figured out and see who just broke in and stole my ideas."

"Okay lets get changed and we can go." I wanted to change into pajamas if I was going to Lakens to sleep.

"yes I want to get out of this suit,"

We got changed and then headed down to the garage after setting the alarm for the flat. If someone was targeting Grey it could be Rae using a diversion. She wouldn't have access to the TI building though so I was confused as to how someone could break in so smoothly and get away with it.

Grey dropped me off and waited until I was inside to take off. Beverly was in her Pajamas on the couch waiting for me.

"Hey, crazy day huh? You wouldn't think someone could get in even after all of the security measures Grey put into place after the first break in with Rae." I nodded. I was a little freaked out about it.

"Yeah, I am sure they will figure it out. Grey is smart. I imagine Laken will be there late as well. Wanna go to bed?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, i was just waiting up for you. I wanted to make sure you got in safe."

We both nodded at each other in some drowsy daze.  I headed upstairs to my old room while Beverly headed to Lakens. I closed the door and took off my pants. I hated sleeping in Pants so I wasn't about to start here. I climbed into bed and yawned.

I couldn't stop thinking about TI and the break in. Someone had to know the building, they had to know the layout and how to get into it in order to break in so flawlessly. They wouldn't know about the silent alarm because it wasnt something anyone but Grey and his security team knew about so it was no one on his team.

But it could be someone in the company. An employee would know about the layout and how to get into the system. They could steal proper badges in order to get in and slip under the wire. It was an inside job.

My brain froze for a moment before I sat up and pulled out my phone, calling Grey.

"Hey, you should be asleep." Grey answered.

"have you caught them yet?"

"No, i just barley pulled in. Laken said the last person to use a badge was one of my security teams tho. So i am going to check into him."

"It wasnt him. Grey he would have known about the silent alarm and how to disarm it. It had to be an employee, they could have stolen the badge to get in and they would have known the way in as well. It was an inside job." I head Grey sigh, I could imagine him running his fingers through his hair, frustrated.

"I will start looking into close tied he has with the employee's today. Thank you love. I will talk to you tomorrow please get some sleep."

I nodded, hanging up the phone and shoving it under my pillow.

They would figure it out. If it's as an employee than it wasn't a target at Grey and they were really just after the bell prints, maybe working for a competitor company.

Which meant Grey was going to be safe, and that was enough for tonight,

_________________