Chapter 15

Leaving class was weird, as soon as I stepped outside I noticed the cameras that were sitting at the edge of campus, facing me. There were press vans parked right along the edge of campus property and I knew that they were waiting for me to leave, I just knew it.

Looking around I saw Seth standing outside a car, not ours but a car, waving me over quickly. I nodded, ducking my head and moving within a small group of people hoping to make it to the car before being spotted.

Luckily I got in right in time, right before they could notice me. I got into the car as Seth pulled away before I even buckled. I jolted in my seat for a second at his quick take off. "Whoa dude, what the hell." I grumbled, almost spilling my tea.

"Sorry miss Winters. I was told to take you to TI to meet Mr. Thomas. There apparently was a break in so I was told to get you out as soon as possible before the press show up here." He said, apologizing. I frowned but sat up straight.

Break in? Where at the apartment or at TI.

"What?" I felt my heart beat quicken. "Grey is okay right?" He would have called me if something was seriously messed up right?

"Someone came in with a gun today, that is all I know."

"Wait but-" Seth cut me off, obviously slightly annoyed with all my questions.

"Miss Winters, its been a very chaotic day and I'm not sure of all the details, i wasn't given much information. You know what I know." Why hadn't Grey texted me at all today? Was it that serious. I just nodded and kept my mouth shut.

I respected Seth enough to know when he was serious, and right now, it was serious. He said gun. Could he have been shot? Also why would someone want to shoot him, he didn't do anything wrong? 

We pulled into the back of TI as the front was covered with reporters and press vans that were blocking our entrance. There were a few employees waiting for me there apparently because they were waiting fo runs to pulled up and to help me out to avoid unwanted photos.

My body was shaking, something felt wrong, just wrong.

"Miss Winters." I heard my name. The press cameras weren't back here so it was calm but I could feel the anxiety sitting in the air.

"Thank you." I muttered as I grabbed one of their hands to help me out of the car. Seth pulled away to go park. We got inside and they held up their arms to stop me for a moment.

"We were told to wait for the driver as well." One of the blonde female employees nodded at me. I nodded back, glancing around nervously. I had been in the back entrance a few times, i could see all the way down the long hallway to the front doors where people were lined up waiting to get some sort of action.

Seth emerged through the doors, looking at me and sighing. "You alright?" He asked and i nodded. I was nervous, I had no idea what was going on and that scared me the most. I could see in the back of his pants he had a hand gun tucked away under his shirt. He never carried a gun.

But if someone brought a gun in here? Could they still be here?

"Yeah can we go find Grey now please?" Seth nodded, walking in front of me and pulling me behind him so i was shielded from all angles with some sort of person. This is what scared me the most, if someone actually broke in they should be doing this with Grey, not me, where was he?

We got in the elevator and I felt my body begin to shake. He was okay right? Seth would tell me if he wasnt right? He was fine. We would be going to a hospital right now if he wasn't fine, we would-

Why hadn't he called  though, if he was okay he would have given me some sort of warning.

Something was wrong with him, I could feel it. "He's okay right?" I muttered, just so Seth could hear me. "Grey is okay? Nothing happened to him that you're keeping from me right?"

Seth gave me a look but didn't answer. This only made me shake harder. I felt tears rush to my eyes. Why wasn't there an ambulance here if he got hurt? Why hadn't I heard about it until now?

It felt like the elevator was taking forever, like it was never going to stop on the floor. I watched Seth put his hands on his gun, making sure he had a hold on it in case something was on the other side of the elevator door.

Then it hit me. Laken. Laken was in here somewhere as well and he could have just as easily been hurt. Why was no one talking!

The elevator dinged and the doors opened, releasing complete chaos.

Police men were kind of strung everywhere across the floor. What floor were we on? I stepped forward to step out as Seth put his arm in front of me. "You stay behind me got it?" He said in almost a hushed whisper.

I nodded, taking a small step out as he did. the first thing I did was look around the room.

The desks that covered the main floor of workspace were shoved to the side, making a large area as people talked in hushed circles, all looking at me. "Seth, what is going on?" I asked. He just shook his head as we navigated our way through the main area.

It was floor 22. Laken was on this floor. My mind moved to the idea of finding him first, making sure he was okay before going to find Grey. I had stopped crying at this point, but fear still filled my body. I was still visibly shaking.

Everything about this dragged me back to the incident with Michael. It was like I was standing in a flashback. No one seemed to be hurt but there were police officers everywhere and many people were being checked out.

"Mari?" I heard Lakens voice as my head shot up.

"Oh my god." I sighed in relief as I took in his appearance. Besides his suit looking a mess he looked fine. His hair was out of place and he looked exhausted but he seemed to be okay.

Seth moved aside as I ran into him, hugging him as tight as I could while tears streamed down my face. I didn't even realize how scared I was for them until i saw him.

"You're okay." I gasped as he nodded. He pulled back and wiped my cheeks with his fingers.

"Why are you here? You should be home?" I just shrugged, breathing quickly as I wiped my face. He was okay, he wasn't hurt. It was fine

"Where grey, What happened?" I demanded to know, looking around at the scene in front of me. He just shook his head as well, same reaction as Seth.

"We will go over everything tonight in detail. Right now we need to get upstairs. I was heading that way myself. Grey is in his office with a few officers and security detail." I nodded. They were going to tell me eventually, i just needed to wait. Something was horribly wrong though, i could feel it. And if they weren't talking about tit out loud that means it was worse than I had thought.
______________

    I realize its only chapter 15 but its a huge turning point for the book so here ya go.