Chapter 8

The rest of my night seemed like a blur. I was so pissed at Grey that my goal was to get blackout wasted. The other part of my goal involved a super cute tall guy standing in the corner.

I made my way through the crowd as I emerged into an open area where he was perched, sipping on his beer. I probably didnt look as good as I thought I did considering how drunk I was. I swayed a bit as I moved closer, right as he noticed me. "Hey." I grinned.

"Hey." He chuckled as I stumbled and grabbed onto a near by table to steady myself. Walking was hard. He grinned looking at my hand and then back at me. "Had a lot to drink have we?" He asked and I nodded, giggling and covering my mouth with my hand.

"A little to much." I giggled as I held up two fingers to show a pinch. I stumbled again and he let out another laugh. He had a nice laugh, not as nice as Greys but still nice.

"Well, do you need a ride home?" He asked, being polite. I could tell he was the type of person that even if I got in his car, he would actually take me back to my house. But I didnt want to be at my house without Grey.

"No." I said suddenly frowning. Grey. I wanted Grey. But I was mad at him. Why was that again? Everything was spinning. I turned around, leaving the poor guy super confused and probably let down. Who was I here with? I couldnt remember getting to the bar that I was at.

I wanted another drink. I managed to stumble up to the bar and order myself a mixed drink. It was some sort of vodka cranberry I think. I took a drink and felt it hit my stomach immediately. MY head began hurting, I was trashed at this point. And I wanted to go home. I wanted Grey.

So I headed for the door. I heard someone shouting at me as I left the bar with the drink still in my hand. I probably wasnt supposed to take it with me, but I didnt have this at home and I probably couldnt buy anything with this state of mind. Where even was my purse.

The cold breeze bit at my legs as I walked. I shouldn't have worn shorts. There was a buzzing noise that I kept hearing, over and over. It finally hit me, it was my phone. I reached in my back pocket and pulled out my cell phone to see a picture of Grey. Grey!

I hit answer and held it to my ears. "How do I get home from this road?" I asked, my words coming out like jumble, nothing came out

"Mari? Mari where are you?" His voice came out worried, not mad like I thought it was going to be. Wait, I should be mad.

"How dare you have a girl." I tried saying.

I think he got the gist because he actually answered. "Mari, it was a secretary, Im in my hotel room alone, where are you?"

"Not with you." I giggled turning some corner. Where was I?

"Okay but who are you with?" He tried asking as my phone began to ring again. I looked down to see Lakens face and grinned as I answered it.

"I think im lost." i mumbled into the speaker.

"Great, where are you so we can come get you." He asked with a stern voice. He wasnt worried, he was mad.

"Im no where but im everywhere and you cant find me." I said in a sing song voice as I stumbled around the loop of Chicago. I couldn't tell you where I was at, I was so lost it wasnt even funny.

I set my drink down on the floor and then sat my happy ass down right on the freezing cold concrete. Maybe someone would think I was homeless and give me money so I can take a cab. I know my addresss right? I didn't have any money on me at the moment, at least I didn't think I did.

   I somehow ended up at navy pier, walking down the long boardwalk out towards the water. Laken would be pissed at me if he found me, but I was mad, and coming down a bit.

     After about an hour of wandering around, my mind had sobered up enough for me to see straight. I pulled out my phone and dialed a number for Laken to come pick me up. I wanted to stay with him tonight. I didn't wanna go home to an empty house without Grey, even though I was mad at him.

   But honestly I couldn't even really remember why I was so mad at him. Laken showed up about twenty minutes later. "Where's everyone else?" I asked as he glared.

  "I took Beverly home and got her in bed. Dylan is also home, or at least with Delta. I have been out driving looking for you for almost an hour now Mari." He said. His voice was angry, just really annoyed, at least he wasn't yelling.

  "Lake, I'm drunk, let's talk later." I said as I slid into the warmth of the car.

  "I'm shocked you don't have frostbite."

  "Me to." I giggled. He began driving as I laid my head against the window. "Can we go home. To your house? I don't wanna be alone." He didn't answer he just nodded.

  I was dramatic, I know I shouldn't have run but I was mad at it seemed like a reasonable option. We pulled into the driveway and Laken helped me get inside and into my old bed. It was still set up as my room so I climbed into bed.

   As soon as my head hit the pillow I had fallen asleep. Today was rough, tomorrow would be worse.

  God I just wanted this to end.

   ______
  It's been awhile