Chapter 52

I woke up to the sun shining perfectly through the curtains and into my eyes. It was too early to be this bright, but either way, my body decided it was time to get up. I had to wiggle out of Grey's arms in order to leave the bed, but I managed to do so without waking him. It was still super early; he didn't go in until eight.

After showering and getting dressed I headed into the kitchen to make eggs. I was going to have to wake up Grey here in a moment, but I wanted to get a head start on my breakfast, so it was done when he woke up.

I got out the blender to make us some smoothies and began to scramble eggs. 

I heard Grey getting up as he rustled around in the bedroom for a moment. He appeared at the doorway in boxers and a T-shirt, after showering. "Good morning love." I grinned, walking over and handing him a smoothie.

He smiled at me lightly, rubbing his eyes still. "Good morning." He said as he leaned in and kissed my cheek.

Last night after Dakota had left, we finished dinner and basically went to bed. I was a little nervous after that and wasn't sure how to talk to Grey about it just yet. 

But I felt really good this morning. Finals began at the end of this week, so I only had two real days of classes left. It was going to be an easy week for both of us, and then we would be in L.A for the weekend.

"Oh, and I have extra security for these next few days, okay? Just to be on the safe side." Grey said as he walked to get breakfast. I just nodded, assuming this was going to be happening anyways. 

"Okay."

"I have Seth with you all day, after classes can you please come by TI and wait for me to finish before you come home?" Grey said and I nodded again. I figured after the news yesterday that he was going to be a little more protective. 

"Yeah of course." It wasn't going to be a big deal. It was just a few days. 

We sat down at the island for breakfast. "I am going to get dressed here in a second. L'blanc and Seth will be here in a moment, okay?" He asked as he finished and stood up.

I finished my breakfast, cleaning up the mess and grabbing my backpack. In just a moment we were heading outside and into separate cars.

~~

The twins and I had planned to meet up for lunch somewhere off campus and grab quick food before our next round of classes. Seth was naturally with me, at my every step. 

"Do you want to taste my food too to make sure it's not poison?" I teased him as we finally sat down in a circle. He sneered at me, mocking my mocking.  

We had decided on a burger place, not far from campus. "So, what are you guys doing? Are you going to the funeral?" Dylan asked, eating a French fry and looking between me and Seth. I shrugged; I had naturally told them about what happened yesterday.

"She is really just dead?" Delta asked, her voice barley above a whisper.

"It's for the best. She was a safety risk." Seth said coldly, he didn't know her, she was just making his job difficult, naturally he was going to be please it was no longer a problem.

"She was still a person, Seth." I scolded, narrowing my eyes at him. I understood why he was happy, but either way we looked at it, no matter how bad she was, she was still a human being.

"I know, I'm sorry." He apologized, his voice low. I turned my attention back to the twins, who were giving each other looks, silently communicating. 

"So how are things with Dakota?" Dylan asked, trying to change the subject.