Chapter 48

I walked out of class to find Seth waiting in our usual spot to pick me up. Grey wasn't comfortable with me driving to class just yet, wanted to give it more time for everything to settle and we were sure everything was over before I started being alone again.

"Hey Seth." I smiled, as he opened my door and I slid in. 

"So, Miss Winters, where to today?" Seth asked as he slid into the front seat. I pressed my lips together for a moment as I thought about it. 

"Do you have to go get Grey today?" 

"Yes."

"Then let's go to TI." I shrugged, placing my backpack next to me and pulling out my cell. I began to scroll through social media, not really paying attention to Seth at the moment. 

I couldn't believe Dakota invited herself over to my house tonight. I have got to get better at saying no. I let out a small sigh and closed my eyes. 

I could tell her that we cancelled, that I came down with a fever, that someone in my family died. Something that she would believe to get her to not show up tonight. It's not that I hated her, I just didn't trust her. Therefore, I definitely didn't want her in my house with the rest of my friends. 

"What's wrong Mari?" Seth's voice floated from the front seat. 

"One of my friends is being a pain in the ass, nothing unusual." I scrunched up my nose in a pout. 

We pulled up to TI and Seth came around to open my door. I stepped out with my backpack and slung it over my shoulder, heading inside. 

I had always loved the way that the inside lobby of TI looked, it was super fresh and clean. With marble floors and huge windows that let in a lot of light, it always seemed like I was walking in for the first time.

"Hey Sadie." I smiled to the woman that worked at the front desk. She looked up and smiled back at me, giving me a small wave as I headed to the elevator. 

I remember the first time that I had actually come to TI for my internship. Grey had been so cool and intimidating, it was almost off putting. Delta and Dylan had swarmed me for information the night that I went home. He was well known, mostly for being attractive, at least that is why the twins had known him. 

"Miss Winters." Seth's voice brought me back as I looked up from my little daydream and noticed the elevator doors had opened. We stepped inside and headed up to Grey's floor.

~~

"Bad news." I said, frowning as I walked into his office, leaving Seth outside. I dropped my backpack on the floor next to my chair in front of his desk and sat down. "Dakota is coming over tonight." Grey didn't even look up from his papers as he worked. I did notice a small smile spread across his lips though. 

I groaned at his lack of reaction and leaned back in my chair, setting the heels of my shoes on his desk.

"Off, Amara." Grey scolded the second I did it. I rolled my eyes but took them off and sat up. He was being terribly cold today. He didn't seem in a bad mood but he hasn't bothered to look at me yet. 

"Greyyyy." I pouted again, throwing a small temper tantrum as I shook my shoulders and the rest of my body. It worked in some form, he chuckled, smiling to himself and shaking his head. But he still hadn't given up working yet to pay attention to me.

Not getting the results I wanted I stood up and walked behind his desk and grabbed a hold of his chair. He sighed and set down his pen as I pulled the chair back and walked in front, taking a seat on top of his desk. 

That got the reaction I had wanted as he looked up at me. His eyes were filled with amusement as he shook his head and sighed. "Yes, my love." I smiled when I heard his voice.