Chapter 7

I melted into a comfortable schedule. School, home, Grey. My life had become pretty relaxed and I was enjoying every second. Grey and I went out on weekends to clubs and restaurants and during the week I hung out with Laken and went to the girls house. We maintained a very good relationship even through our relationships.

I rolled out of bed on Saturday morning to th sound of a suitcase being zipped. I sat up rubbing my eyes and looked around for Grey. He was putting clothes in a small bag, along with his other essentials.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked, suddenly awake.

"I got a call. I have to go on a business trip. One of my other companies isn't doing to hot I need to do damage control for a few days." He said with a huff.

"Oh, where are we going?" I kicked my feet over the bed and got up as if to get packed. I barley made it out of bed before Grey walked over and pushed my back down gently, as if to tell me not to get up.

"I am going. You are going to stay here, I have Seth watching the house he is gonna stay with you for the two or three days that I'm gone. I'm gonna be absent the entire weekend, I don't want you to be stuck in a hotel the entire time." He said shrugging it off. He didn't want me to go with him.

I understood why he didn't want me to go, but I couldn't help but feel hurt inside. Was he getting sick of me? Probably not, this was just a business thing. I was just gonna keep telling myself that.

"Okay, well when do you think you will be back?" I asked pulling the cover back up over my legs as I sat up so I could escape the chilling morning air.

  "I don't know Amara." The edge to his voice did no job of trying to hide the annoyance. I shut up immediately as he sighed. "I'm sorry. I just really don't want to go." His apology was sincere, I could read his face well enough.

  "Where is it?" I asked as he walked around to my side of the bed. He sat with me for a second before laying back onto the bed.

   "L.A." he mumbled. "At least I will escape this disgusting winter." He managed to chuckle and run his fingers through his hair.

   "Meanwhile I'm stuck here with the ice and the wind and the cold."

   "Welcome to the Windy City." He joked sitting up. "I love you Amara. Two days is gonna be hard without you." He gave me a half smile as I grinned.

  "What are you gonna do without me?"

  "Tan." He said with a straight expression that sent me into a fit of giggles. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself onto his lap. "And two whole days with no sex! What am I going to do." He over exaggerates as I laughed, throwing my head back.

  "Today won't count silly." I teased as I pulled my shift off over my head.

  ~~

   "I love you, text me when you get on the plane and when you land and every minute after that." I grinned as I leaned up and kissed him again.

  "I will, I love you. I'll see you in a few days Mari." He kissed me again quickly. Right as he was about to pull away I grabbed his tie and pulled him in tighter as I grinned. He laughed and set his bag down for a second to cup my face. I wrapped my arms around his waist and tightened. Two days. I could make it two days.

  He pulled away and smiled. "Bye baby." He grinned.

  "Bye my love." My smile saddened as I watched my get into the car and drove away with Seth. Grey May think the two days away would be painful, but for me they were going to be even worse. There goes my lifeline.