Chapter 21

A week went by with no sign of Rae. I had taken to going to work with Grey in the morning and doing my assignments in one of the meeting room while he worked with his staff. Laken and Beverly has returned home and we kind of resumed a normal schedule otherwise.

Of course I had a bodyguard pretty much everywhere I went. I was beginning to wonder if it was really supposed to happen and she was supposed to show up again any minute.

I was on my way to TI with Seth on Friday morning, glad that it was almost the weekend. The plan was to just lay low, keep out of the public eye for a bit until we were sure what her next move was. Once we knew we could work from there.

The elevator door dinged and I yawned, stepping off and onto the twenty third floor of TI. Cecilia was sitting at her desk with a pen in her hand, tapping the desk to some beat she probably made up. "Hey." She grinned, way to happy at this time in the morning.

I was not a morning person, and it didnt help that Grey and I were up super late last night because we started a new TV series that we were binging, since we were stuck inside anyways.

"Hey, coffee." I muttered, half asleep as I handed her a cup with iced coffee in it. Seth and I took a different car today so I could stop and get all of us coffee, I figured Cecilia could probably use the pick me up as well.

"You're a goddess." She beamed as she took it from my hands and practically melted. I nodded and pointed to the main door of Grey's office.

"He in here?" I asked as she nodded, drinking her drink. I didn't bother knocking  as I walked in. "Grey."  I groaned, rubbing my eyes with my free hand.

I hated having to actually come to a company building in the morning because that meant I had to look good. So my hair was curled and I was wearing black leggings with riding boots and a nice Cami to top it all off. Paired with a brown leather jacket that had matching jewelry. I liked dressing up but looking nice everyday was sometime shard. Grey got away with wearing a different suit everyday and I was running out of outfit combos.

"Hey Mari." He said as he sighed, sitting at his desk. I set his hot coffee on the desk that he was perched at and I took a seat in one of the desk chairs that paralleled him.

"What is going on today?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Few things here and there. How are classes?"  I was supposed to FaceTime into one of my classes here soon but i was lacking the motivation to do so. "Mari, you need to keep up with your classes." Grey warned. It wasnt in a fatherly way but that was one of the agreements, i was so close to graduating. Had to finish. One more year after this and  I would be done.

"I know, I just.....really dont want to." I sighed as I sank further into his chair. He looked great, he didnt even look tired. "How do you do it?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Do what?"

"Look like a god on four hours of sleep?" He let out a low laugh as he stood up from his desk and stretched.

"Its not easy pulling off these good looks." I rolled my eyes but smiled. Closing my eyes I listened to the silence, that was rudely interrupted as Grey grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet. "Baby you got class." He reminded.

"Yep, I was just going to do that." I shook my head for a moment in an attempt to try and wake myself up. "We have to go to sleep tonight."

"Apparently, you dont do to well on no sleep."

"I'm like a toddler, I need sleep or I get cranky."

"Looking forward to that later on." He chuckled again. He pulled me a bit closer and kissed my forehead as I stumbled to keep my balance.