Chapter 19

"DON'T HURT HIM," I whisper to myself

Being weak towards someone is so powerful, it will break you just by the thought of them being hurt.

Théodore is all I have.

I -

I love him, I'd do anything to keep my little brother safe.

My head facing the ground hung low, my body was numb and painful, head pounding, mouth dry, lips chapped. I'm weak.

It's been two days since I was locked up down here, they cleaned my gunshot wound and fed me.

I haven't bathed in a day, I feel dirty.

I fucking hate being weak. It makes me feel disgusted. I hear footsteps from afar, suddenly coming to an end.

Seconds later I hear keys shuffle together creating a crackling bell sound. The person enters the key into the keyhole and they twist it letting it lead to a click sound. They push the door open and I hear footsteps once again heading towards my direction.

"Wake up." A male voice calls out. "Rise and shine princess." They call out again, hitting my leg with their boot.

It's silent,

The man growls in frustration, he grabs my hair and lifts my head so that I'm facing him.

"I'm not in the mood to be fucked around with princess." He growls with his brown eyes discoloring. "Neither am I, asshole," I retorted, my voice coming out dry and tiring.

He snatches me by the throat, crushing my wind pipe and I start to cough seeking air.

What's up with these men choking me?

"Достаточно." A man's voice echoes through the basement. [ translation: " That's enough." ]

The man lets me go and I gasp for air, stumbling onto the floor.  "Didn't I say untie her not, choke!"

"Сэр она была -." He shutters. [ translation: "Sir she was-." ]

"Get out," Alexei demands and the guard scatters away like a cockroach. When we're left alone he shuts the metal door and pulls out a cigarette from his jacket. 

He lights it up then inhales the toxins and exhales after. "Good morning sunshine." He chirps

I roll my eyes and I feel a sudden discomfort in my neck.

"How did you sleep?" He questions. I don't respond.

Normally I'd not take this seriously, but Théodore is involved so I have to be careful.

"I'm trapped in a fucking basement, cuffed in chains on a concrete floor splattered with dry blood."

"How the fuck do you think I slept Alexei, get that through your thick scalp." I snap and he chuckles, narrowing my eyes I silently debate on what's so hilarious.