Chapter 52

THE OCEAN WAS LIKE A RIPPLING of electric blue

THE OCEAN WAS LIKE A RIPPLING of electric blue. Squabbling seagulls flew overhead.

It was soothing and I was glad to get away from the stresses of life.

"What are you thinking about?" A familiar voice was heard over my shoulder. "Nothing," I uttered.

Giovanni was silent for a moment. "Thank you," I muttered out of the blue.

He seemed shocked but immediately brushed it off. "For..." He trailed off.

As I lay on my back, arms out with my eyes closed I wondered what I was thanking him for.

I don't normally thank people but here I am thanking him for something.

Probably what he did for my birthday. I don't normally celebrate birthdays, nothing too personal. I just grew out of it.

I fluttered my eyes open and I gazed ahead. The sound of heavy waves crashing on the huge rocks and seagulls squawking brought a smile to my face.

I chuckled softly. "I don't know," I said as I turned my body to the side, placing my head on my hand.

Giovanni pulled himself up, and when his gaze finally came up to me he cocked his head to the side. "Hmmm." He teased.

I scoffed. "I'm serious! I don't know what I'm thanking you for."

Giovanni leaned in. "The sex or this..." he said waving his finger back and forth between us. I playfully rolled my eyes and pulled myself up. "Are you coming?" I questioned as I tried to change the subject.

"Where to?"

I stretched my arm out to help Giovanni up, he happily accepted my offer. We stared at each other for a moment, the sunlight made his golden eyes even more golden.

"I should thank you for tolerating my bullshit." His gaze sparked before turning around and making his way to the shallow waters.

I stood there and watched him because his toned back was a nice front.

As he ran deeper into the water he dived in. A couple of seconds passed then Giovanni emerged from the sea, water trickling down his broad shoulders. "Are you coming!" he yelled.

I sighed and slowly wandered down the small sandy path to the beach. I stood there as the wet sand squished in between my toes. I stepped forward into the cool water as it lapped around my ankles.

A shiver ran down my spine.

Gazing ahead Giovanni pushed his dark brown hair back as he patiently waited for me. I'm not scared of the water, it just takes time for my body to adjust to the water's cold temperature.

I sighed and slowly walked in, each step I took the water raised. I felt relaxed about how the cool water felt against my hot skin.

Giovanni swam towards me and then pulled me towards him.