Chapter 18

I TIED MY hair into a high ponytail and cracked my knuckles

"3..."

"2..."

"1."

Theo and I both sprinted toward the guy and knocked him over. The gun was tossed across the room.

Theo throws a punch and the Russian assassin yanks Theo off him, his body slams against the rotten wood causing a hole in the floor.

Holy shit.

The buff guy stood up and his 6'3 figure hovered over my 5'6 frame.

He pulled out a pocket knife and tried to slit my neck open but I blocked it with my forearm, I gasped at the pain as warm blood caressed down my arm and stained my clothes and floor.

I glared at him and kicked him in the gut, then punched him in the face. I slid on the wooden floor and kicked him in the balls.

He groaned in pain and fell to his knees.

"Theéodore are you alive?" I yelled, "Yeah, fuck. I'm alright but I think he broke my ribs." He mumbled. "Well, get your ass up and help me out."

I picked up an old piece of wood and hit the guy in the face, blood splattered all over his face and clothes.

"Awh, buddy are you okay?" I teased, punching him in the face followed by a kick.

He fell to the ground with his face all busted.

I turned to Théo who grabbed the gun on the floor and tossed it to me. I thanked him, cocking the gun I shot both the guy's legs and arms.

Theo grabbed him by the face and then snapped his neck.

"Next time, you fight your own battles." I breathed as I tore my shirt and wrapped it around my wound.

Wiping away the beads of sweat on my forehead with the back of my hand I turned to Theo.

"I'll help you." I trailed off.

"Only, because if I don't you'll get killed and I already got you back," I mumbled the last part. "Thank you." He smiled softly.

Our heads turned to a gas grenade rolling towards us.

Before we could stop ourselves we both inhaled the gas and we immediately fell to the ground, unconscious.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

My legs feel full of staples and sand together. My mind is overflowing and pounding trying to remember what's happening.

A sharp intake of breath and I'm awake. I try to stand up but I can't move.

I blink rapidly to gain back my vision and it's slowly starting to look clear.

To my surprise, somehow I'm starting into very rage grey eyes that seem to know too much.

My first instinct is smashing my forehead against this bastard's head. He jerks back.

He stares, unblinking, chest rising, and falling.

"Mr. Semenov." I greet him with a sarcastic smile.

His silver eyes darken and he wrapped his hands around my neck tightening it. "Don't you fucking do that again." He threatens with his intermediate Russian accent. He glares at me then smirks letting his dimples pop out.

I notice him wearing a white shirt, half untucked into his curiously unrumpled black slacks. His shirtsleeves are folded and pushed up past his elbows. Exposing his tattoos and muscular arm with his veins popping out from the anger I caused a few minutes ago.

"Well then, I'll do it again but harder this time." I glare back, not breaking eye contact.

He lets go of me and I take in a breath then I get a hint of his perfume with a hint of cigarette. It smells good.

Alexei pulls out his gun and checks if there are bullets. "Do you know why you're here?" He asks me not to make eye contact with him.

"You missed me."

"Or you want to fuck me again?" I simply answer.

Alexei clenches his jaw and I can tell his mind is drifting back to the times when'd he'd fuck him every time I visited him for business or fun. "Your brother." He says.

Alexei laughs, wrapping his hand around my neck blocking my air.

"You see this." He says then I feel a bullet through my right thigh

"Fuck." I yell, my voice echoing through the basement. "You're brother crossed the fucking line." He whispers, his voice coming out low. "S-shit." My voice shakes as I try to contain the burning pain.

Alexei places a soft kiss on my cheek and smiles.

Cold sweat starts to trail down my forehead and I feel my body shake, I take deep breaths trying to control the pain.

"See you tomorrow Gabriella." He declares heading straight to the door.

"Take care, da?"

"Fuck you." I spat and he shut the metal door, leaving me in the dark.

" I spat and he shut the metal door, leaving me in the dark