Chapter 26

MY TEARS FALL BACKWARD, burning as they sing their way down my throat

MY TEARS FALL BACKWARD, burning as they sing their way down my throat. The room is dark and I can barely see a thing, the last thing I remembered was being knocked out.

I try to get up but I'm pulled back by chains, this chair is so uncomfortable that my back is starting to hurt. I start to shift in my seat so that I can get a bit comfortable.

"Stop that." Says a voice from a distance. "Where am I?" I question the person. I can't see him clearly because it's too dark. "Who are you?" I asked once more.

"Could you stop asking these questions?" I hear another voice-a woman? My attention shifts to the door when it bursts open and I see two men walk in followed by Gabriella. "You're finally awake." Gabriella cheers. Rolling my eyes I make sure I avoid eye contact. I don't want to look at her, after what she has done and acts like everything is perfectly okay it shows that she's a heartless bitch. "What do you want?" I say slowly. "Antonio, I want him dead." She says. My eyes widen and I try my best to fight back the tears. "Don't worry. His death will be slow and painful, all I want to hear are his screams until they slowly fade as he takes his last breath."

Pressing my lips together to stop the trembling I screw my eyes shut and take a deep breath in. "Amelia, Oscar," Gabriella says. "Si?"

"Leave." She demands.

Everyone in the room stares at me, and some of them pity me. The door closes indicating that everyone has left the room and it's just Gabriella and me.

It's silence between us, the smell of old blood gives me chills. She looked into my eyes, reading me like an open book. I looked away facing the wall as I tried to stay calm.

One thing I've realized about Gabriella is that she despises people that show weakness. "But since I'm polite, I'll make sure I return you to him." She smirked. "Just cooperate."

"You might be wondering why the fuck I want him dead." She said, "Let's just say that I want vengeance." She says bitterly.

The smartest thing to do is just rat out Antonio but I can't, without him, I would be long gone. So I owe him my life.

What concerns me is that Gabriella is so obsessed with the Carson family, Her number one priority is to have them all dead, especially the brothers. The worst part is that whenever she has a chance to kill Giovanni she hesitates for what reason only God knows.

I don't feel guilty for killing him. Is that a bad thing?

"He killed them."

I snap out of my thoughts and I see that Gabriella's back is facing me. "What?"

"He killed them as if they were not human." Her tone was stiff and surly

'As if they were not human,' says the woman who murders people for a living.