Chapter 35

"Not impressed," I stated

Gabriella rolled her eyes. "You seriously think you can win a fight with me." She argued.

Her breathing is heavy from all the training we've been doing for the past two hours. She looks beautiful even if she's a mess.

Her chest is rising and falling. Her body is covered in sweat which makes her skin glow with her long hair tied in a high ponytail.

I enjoyed the view.

She wore a black sports bra and leggings. She should wear leggings more often, her ass looks hot in those.

She snapped her finger and called out my name. "Focus," she said.

I ran my fingers through my hair then threw my head back, groaning with annoyance.

I only wore white classic track pants.

Gabriella and I stood in our fighting positions. A few seconds have passed and Gabriella smirked.

She swung her arm but it was weak so I caught her fist.

She frowned, annoyed and I met her eyes. "Focus." I said to her,

Gabriella rolled her eyes then pulled her arm back with more intensity, she swung her fist in the air I was about to dodge and strike back but she spun then whacked me in the gut with her elbow.

I groaned and she smirked.

I caught her off guard by punching her in the shoulder. Hard.

She stumbled back. "You cheated," she said. "Grow up." I scoff.

Her fist is clenched around my forearm in an instant. Gabriella yanks hard pulling my arm forward then down until I'm off-balance then toppling toward me.

Our bodies stumble on each other, Gabriella is on top of me.

Our faces were an inch apart. She smiled. "Cute." she mocked me while she pinned my hands above my head.

Gabriella stood up and stretched her arm out to me. I accepted her help.

When I got up she wrapped her arms around my neck then leaned it. "You'll have to try harder." Gabriella cooed, her lips brushing against mine.

My jaw clenched and I looked away. Last night was something.

I felt something and I know she felt that spark between us as well.

How she moans my name breathlessly drives me crazy. Her beautiful curved body pressed against mine as she rides my dick.

Just the thought of it turns me on.

"Giovanni," she whispers. I hummed in response.

She looked at me for a while. Her blue eyes held something I couldn't quite read.

She opened her mouth to speak but decided to go against it.

I wish I could read her like an open book. It frustrates me not to know what she's thinking about.

She cleared her throat then pulled away.

"Let's try again."

I swing and she blocks.

She strikes this time I block her and pull her closer.

Gabriella slowly leans in and kisses me.

I kiss her back then pull away from the kiss. "I'm going to take a shower. I'll see you later," she says then walks away.

I run my fingers through my hair then sigh.

I need to find Théo.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"I understand." He spoke.

Théodore put his hands in his jacket and continued walking.

While I was in hiding I did some research on Gabriella's family history and I found out she had a brother.

The Sangriento's are very good at keeping their family low-key. My father was so obsessed with them back in the day.

So they had to keep their son a secret because back then they were being chased by everyone. They wanted their son to have a normal life that's why they kept him away from the mafia shit.

Turns out after his parents were assassinated by my father and Antonio he ran away and became an underground fighter.

After tracking him for two weeks I offered him a deal to return to his sister and take the blame for trying to kill Alexei because he's a kid who wants revenge for his parent's death.

And to do that he had to start with Alexei since his father was best friends with mine.

But Alexie's father passed on by a heart attack and Alexie took his place.

"I won't tell my sister about us," he said.

I nodded my head and we continued to walk in silence.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

I went back to my house a couple of hours ago

The event is tonight.

In about three hours Gabriella and I will officially be allies.

I'm currently preparing myself. Nothing fancy, just a suit and my hair slicked back.

I stared at my reflection wondering what would happen next.

Will this thing between Gabriella and I continue or will it end and we'll just proceed going back and forth?

Taking a deep breath I fixed my suit and texted Enzo and Luca that I'm ready.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

The hall began to fill up with people. Chatters heard from a distance.

I pressed my lips on the rim of the glass and took a sip of my red wine as I patiently waited for Gabriella.

Ten minutes have passed of just me observing everyone.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder, turning around and I saw Gabriella.

She wore a rose gold dress that reached just above her knees and gold heels.

"People are upset and confused," Gabriella whispers.

I chuckled, taking a sip of my wine and my eyes searched the hall for Luca and Enzo.

"They'll have to get used to it," I said.

Gabriella crossed her arms as her gaze shifted to the crowd.

"What about the ones that disagree with us?" I questioned, placing my empty glass on the table beside us.

She shrugged. "We kill them."

"