Chapter 24

"SO YOU'RE TELLING ME SHE'S STILL ALIVE?" I asked Chiara while playing with the bullets in my hands

"SO YOU'RE TELLING ME SHE'S STILL ALIVE?" I asked Chiara while playing with the bullets in my hands. "Si."

"And Antonio?" I asked as I shook the bullets in my hands. "Yes."

I nodded and picked up the pieces of paper that Chiara placed on my desk earlier.

Unfolding the paper I notice that an address is written on it. "Is that the address.?" I questioned.

She nodded and leaned forward. "She's living with her aunt and Antonio Carson. Well, we're still searching."

I hummed in response and picked up my glass then pressed my lips onto the rim of the glass as I took a sip of my Bourbon whisky.

"Sovana, Tuscany. 276.3 km away." I whispered to myself.

"Inform Oscar and Amelia to prepare themselves to leave in ten minutes," I said as I dismissed her.

She nodded then stood up and left my office, shutting the door behind her.

Two weeks have passed since I last saw Théo. I always call and check on him. He is slowly healing and soon he will be able to come back home.

Esmée on the other hand, It's been a while since we've talked. So I've decided to pay her a little visit, And Carson's family has been quiet for the past month. I haven't gotten any feedback about the Furvus eques or Pietra Bianca.

Including the information about Giovanni's funeral.

Rubbing my temple from all this stress I double-check that I have everything and walk out of the office.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"You're such a fucking idiot." Oscar spat as he kept his eyes in the road. "Fuck you." Amelia protested.

"You two act like fucking five-year-old's," I say as I stared out the window. Amelia scoffed and continued to play with her hair.

The car was silent for a few minutes until Oscar decided to speak up. "So, what's the plan?" He questioned.

"Nothing," I reply.

I don't have a plan. I just want to visit my friend and have a little talk with her.

"Such a great plan," Amelia said sarcastically. Rolling my eyes I pulled out a cig and asked Oscar if he had a lighter, he handed it to me and the window automatically rolled down.

"I thought you quit smoking.'' Oscar pointed out.

I lit the cigarette and felt the familiar warmth grow between my fingers, as I brought the familiarity to my lips. Tasting the flames once again. "I did."

"But, I gave up,"

Pressing the end of the cigarette to my lips then exhaled. Oscar shook his head left to right and decided to not comment.

After this, I have to continue to investigate Giovanni's death. I have this gut feeling that something isn't right.

And the only place I can get these answers from is my good friend Esmee. The car ride was silent, everyone was deep into their thoughts, The sky changed color into a bright orange and red, and the sunlight warmth tickled my skin as the warm wind blew in my hair.

I shut my eyes and enjoyed this peaceful moment. Inhaling the last puff of smoke I tossed the cigarette out and licked my lips.

After hours on the road, we finally reached our destination. It was at night and the street lights were dimmed, so we couldn't exactly see.

I let out a loud sigh before stepping out of the car. When I'm out I immediately stretch and double-check that I have everything.

Putting on my black coat I placed my sharp blade in my inner pocket followed by the gun.

"Oscar I need you to keep watch, Amelia let's go," I demand.

Shutting the car door I began to walk towards the small house in front of us. When we finally reached the door I gently hit my knuckles on the wooden door,

A couple of seconds passed and the door slowly opened and we were greeted by a male.

He is wearing a long black T-shirt followed by white joggers. His blonde hair was messy and he had freckles that blended with his caramel skin, with green eyes.

"Ciao?." The man greeted, confusion written all over his face. Clearing my throat I shifted in my spot. [translation: Hello.]

"Buonasera signore, mi dispiace disturbare ma c'è qualcuno in questa casa che si chiama Esmee?" I asked politely. [translation: Good evening sir, I'm sorry to disturb but is there someone in this house named Esmee?]

he curiously narrowed his eyebrows. "Siamo Vecchi amici, di Roma." Amelia smiles politely. [translation: We are old friends from Rome.]

He doesn't seem convinced but turns his head and yells out Esmeé's name. The corner of my lips curl up and I immediately replace it with a smile when the man turns his head to us.

"Qu'est-ce qui ne va pas?" I hear a female voice from afar, [translation: What's wrong?]

"Il y a deux jeunes filles qui prétendent être vos amies de Rome." The man yells back. [translation: There are two young girls who claim to be your friends in Rome.]

A few seconds have passed and the man is pushed back by someone. When the man is out of the way I'm greeted by a young female whose messy fawn hair is tied in a bun and is wearing a nightgown.

Esmeé in the flesh.

Her eyes were wide, she gulped blinking rapidly and I noticed that she began to play with her fingers.

"It's been a while Esmeé, why didn't you contact me or at least leave a note that you'll be leaving," I said smiling as I tilted my head to one side.

"Are you going to let us in or-" I questioned.

The man cleared his throat and pulled the door wide open allowing us to enter. "Thank you," I said, then pulled my gun out and knocked him out with the back of the gun.

Esmeé gasped and stumbled back.

I clapped my hands and locked my fingers together then faced Esmeé.  Amelia shuts the door and locks it after and pulls out her gun pointing it at Esmeé.

"Let's go talk, si?"

A U T H O R S   N O T E

A U T H O R S N O T E

Hey, I hope you guys are having a wonderful day/night. Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you liked it. This chapter is dedicated to -

Mads123123 helped me with something that my own dumbass couldn't figure out.